Qatar ESC Employee Services Specialist, Management & Operations (Qatar)
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2014|
Qatar ESC Employee Services Specialist, Management & Operations (Qatar)-100695
The Qatar Employee Services Specialist will have responsibility for executing Tier 2 employee service functions within the newly implemented Employee Service Center (ESC). The ESC will deliver a high level of service to its customers by facilitating employee Human Resources (HR), Benefits, and Payroll (PR) inquiries and transactions in an efficient, accurate and compliant manner.
Reporting to the Director of Operations in Qatar the Employee Services Specialist will operate as a member of team of experts dedicated to supporting the Universitys faculty, staff and students by resolving complex HR and Payroll inquiries and by processing a limited scope of centralized Human Capital Management (HCM) system transactions (i.e., encompassing the HR, Benefits and Payroll domains, but not including gross-to-net payroll processing). The hallmarks of the ESC will be in delivering services that are timely, accurate and highly attuned to the fast-paced university environment.
More specific responsibilities will include ensuring completion of assigned ESC transactions in accordance with established standards, identifying process improvement opportunities to deliver enhanced customer services to the organization, and coordinating with a combination of Employee Services resources within the ESC and external Tier 3 experts to address escalated inquiries (i.e., working effectively within the framework of a multi-tiered support model in which Tier 1 serves as the first point of contact for initial questions and walk-in services, Tier 2 addresses more complex escalated inquiries and provides system transactional support, and Tier 3 resolves issues beyond the scope of the ESC).
In order to be successful, the incumbent will need to possess transactional expertise in the HR, Benefits and/or Payroll domains. Additionally, this role will entail leveraging strong collaboration skills with identified campus stakeholders/ombudsmen and Tier 3 subject matter experts outside of the ESC.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience working in the HR, Benefits and/or Payroll domains (but not necessarily including gross-to-net payroll processing experience)
- 4+ years of working experience processing transactions in HCM systems (e.g. Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, or equivalent), including resolution of complex or time-sensitive customer service issues
- Extensive experience interacting with customers, including resolution of complex inquiries and efficient performance during high-volume timeframes
- Experience supporting system testing and/or data validation activities
- Ability to deliver Tier 2 employee services functions in the context of a multi-tier customer inquiry and issue resolution model, including ESC Tier 1 first point of contact for questions and walk-in services, ESC Tier 2 system transactional support and Tier 3 escalation to process/policy content experts in HR, Finance and Computing Services
- Ability to operate effectively in a decentralized environment, exhibiting excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of HR, Benefits and/or Payroll transactional processes
- Ability to contribute to an outstanding customer-service environment, including strong collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g., identified campus stakeholders/ombudsmen and Tier 3 experts outside of the ESC) and application of tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Ability to identify and communicate system issues, coordinating closely with configuration/technical resources to achieve timely resolutions as required
- Ability to adapt efficiently to changing policy, process and system requirements in support of a continuous improvement model
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary with some mobility (i.e. able to travel to other campus locations.
- Environmental Conditions: Normal office environment although some positions may work in other settings. Work involves extended use of computer monitor.
- Mental: Ability to meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions.
- Other: Weekend and evening work may be required.
- Education: Master's degree in Human Resources, Payroll, or Business Administration.
- Licenses: Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or equivalent Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- 6+ years experience working in the HR, Benefits and/or Payroll domains
- 5+ years of working experience processing transactions in HCM systems (e.g. Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, or equivalent), including resolution of complex or time-sensitive customer service issues
- Experience playing an individual contributor or management role within a shared services environment
- Working experience managing relevant business processes at Carnegie Mellon University or in a comparable higher education environment
- Demonstrable experience in an International/multi-currency environment
- Experience designing and managing Workday foundational elements, business processes and associated reporting functionality
- Experience in the use of customer support infrastructure tools, including a call ticketing system, knowledge base and associated reporting tools
- In-depth knowledge and expertise across the HR, Benefits and Payroll domains (inclusive of processes and related transactions)
- Expertise related to designing and/or maintaining Workday functionality
- Expertise implementing and/or using the ServiceNow case management tool or a vended equivalent
Job Function: Administration/Management
Primary Location: Qatar-Qatar-Doha
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Organization: DEAN'S OFFICE - QATAR
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
Please use this online application
to upload a letter of interest along with a curriculum vitae.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=100695