Vice President for University Development and Alumni Relations
Eastern Kentucky University in Kentucky
|Date Posted||July 11, 2014|
Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) is a regional, coeducational, public institution of higher education offering general and liberal arts programs, pre-professional and professional training in various fields at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located in Richmond, Madison County, Kentucky, EKU has a distinguished record of more than a century of educational service to the Commonwealth. EKU has recently been named “Best for Vets” by Military Times, a “Top Tier Regional University in the South” by U.S. News, a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, and one of “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes. Situated near the heart of the Bluegrass, Richmond, the county seat of Madison County, is one of the Commonwealth's fastest-growing cities, with about 33,000 residents. The community provides an excellent environment for the university student and boasts a regional shopping mall, theaters, live entertainment, fine dining, cultural events and activities, as well as many areas of historic and scenic interest.
About the Position:
The Vice President for University Development and Alumni Relations is responsible for providing overall leadership for the development activities of the University, including but not limited to all aspects of fund raising, the annual fund, major gifts, corporate and foundation relations, planned giving, regional advancement, and alumni relations. The Vice President will also take the lead role in developing, implementing, and executing the most ambitious comprehensive campaign in the history of Eastern Kentucky University which will be launched within the next several months. Key goals will include increasing private support to the University by developing and implementing the Campaign and programs, and events in a consistent and coordinated matter both internally and externally, establishing and leading a cohesive high-performing staff, setting high standards of excellence, using analytics to assess achievement of goals and objectives. This position reports directly to the President of the University and serves as a member of the President’s Council.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Formulating and executing a strategic fundraising and alumni relations plan to increase private financial support for the University.
- Counseling and leading the University College’s and Departments in recognizing and capitalizing on potential donor and alumni engagement opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the Alumni Association to expand the outreach of EKU and advance the mission and goals of the University.
- Master’s degree is required.
- 9+ years of directly related work experience is required, to include a minimum of 5 years of direct management experience over a team of development/fundraising professionals. Higher education experience will be considered beneficial.
- Ability to take measured risks and drive innovative strategies for fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions and lead an executive team to drive change in a positive, collaborative and transparent way.
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving institutional goals.
- The ability to bring together disparate ideas in a collaborative and cohesive manner, and present new concepts and methods in ways that gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Communicator – strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to use those skills to influence outcomes, gain the confidence of others, and implement both strategic and tactical plans
- Innovation – brings new thinking and best practices to challenges and opportunities while persistently and respectively challenges the status quo to implement new ideas
- Influence – positively motivates others and drives change
- Leadership –attracts, retains, and motivates talent to deliver results while also being a collegial team player who coaches others, develops talent, and creates opportunities for others success
- Results and Relationship Orientation – balances the need for achieving short-term goals with the need for building effective long-term relationships
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education qualifications and is competitive within the higher education marketplace.
Review of applications will begin on July 16, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. A completed online EKU employment application is required and can be confidentially submitted at http://hr.eku.edu/employment Search requisition # 0615653.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts, or in any employment policy or practice.PI80751103
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/m73ks5h