1 Tenure-Track Position in Strategic Management and/or Entrepreneurship
|Deadline||October 31, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The Strategic Management area at Georgia Techs Scheller College of Business in Atlanta, Georgia seeks qualified applicants for one tenure-track appointment at the rank of assistant professor commencing in fall semester 2015 which begins in mid-August, in the following areas: (1) strategic management and/or (2) entrepreneurship. The minimum requirements are: a Ph.D. in those disciplines and/or related areas (candidates must have their Ph.D. completed no later than May 31, 2015), outstanding research, demonstrated ability to teach at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, and excellent recommendations. We seek research-active individuals who address interesting and important real-world phenomena using a theoretical lens grounded in economics or sociology, and rigorous empirical methods. A competitive salary will be offered, with an expected teaching load of three (3-semester hours each) courses per year.
To be assured full consideration, please send the following documents electronically to
email@example.com by October 31, 2014.
- A cover letter and vita indicating your education, relevant experience, research publications and research interests.
- Three letters of recommendation with your name in the filename (e.g., Smith, Jane Letter of Recommendation 1.pdf). Please make sure that your name also appears in the body of the letter of recommendation.
- Two (2) samples of your research; either research papers and/or your dissertation proposal; with your name in the file name (e.g., Smith, Jane Research Sample 1.pdf). Please make sure that your name also appears on the title page of the research sample.
*Packages sent by mail will not be accepted. All documents must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
As part of our recruiting process, we seek to obtain statistical information on our applicants. Upon receipt of the application and associated documents, the form to be completed will be emailed to each applicant.
About Georgia Tech: Georgia Techs Scheller College is a top-tier business school. The Princeton Review ranks the Scheller MBA classroom experience 7th out of almost 300 business schools. The MBA program is ranked 23rd in BusinessWeek and 27th in U.S. News & World Report (24th for the Evening MBA). In 2012, the College announced a $50 million naming gift from Ernest Scheller, Jr., and received an additional $20 million in gifts and commitments from other donors as part of a dollar-for-dollar challenge match.
The Georgia Institute of Technology (http://www.gatech.edu) is one of the nations top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. Georgia Techs campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 17,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education. Georgia Tech consistently ranks among U.S. News & World Report's top ten public universities in the United States. In a world that increasingly turns to technology for solutions, Georgia Tech is using innovative teaching and advanced research to define the technological university of the 21st century. Atlanta is the 9th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. and serves as a cultural and economic hub for the Southeast region.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, which values diversity.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.