Associate Professional Specialist/Center for Health and Wellbeing (CHW)
Princeton University in New Jersey
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||July 10, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Center for Health and Wellbeing (CHW), part of the Woodrow Wilson School, invites applications for an associate professional specialist half-time position, starting in August, 2014.
CHW leads The Program in Global Health and Health Policy (GHP), an interdepartmental program in which undergraduates can study the determinants, consequences, and patterns of disease across societies; the role of medical technologies and interventions in health improvements; and the economic, political, and social factors that shape domestic and global public health. GHP also manages a project with the University of Sao Paulo designed to promote student involvement and faculty research in Brazil on global health and medical anthropology.
The successful candidate will be involved in both of these areas and will:
- Design and conduct research methods workshops for the GHP Program
- Oversee and advise on program initiatives to select and feature outstanding student research
- Provide individual mentorship of GHP students and Princeton-Brazil Global Fellows
- Assist with organization of GHP events
- Working with a faculty member, assist in organizing Princeton-Brazil research group meetings / discussions
- Assist students in planning, implementing and processing their Brazil summer research projects
- Participate in activities of CHW, including faculty-graduate seminars, workshops, and public lectures
- Possibly teach in one of Princeton's graduate or undergraduate programs subject to approval by the Dean of the Faculty.
The program is open to all regardless of citizenship, but it does not support work toward the completion of a degree. The term of the appointment is one year. This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.princeton.edu. Requisition number: 1400390 and submit a CV, cover letter and statement of research interests.
For more information about the Center for Health and Wellbeing, please visit its website at www.princeton.edu/chw.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jobs.princeton.edu