Associate Director MS Leadership Creative Enterprises
Northwestern University in Illinois
|Date Posted||July 8, 2014|
Job Title: Assoc Dir MS Lead Create Entrp
Department: SoC Administration
Job ID: 23573
Location: Evanston Campus
Under the general guidance of the Director, the Associate Director, Master’s Leadership for Creative Enterprises provides leadership and is responsible for representing the program among current students. This position is responsible for self-directing day-to-day operations for the Masters of Science in Leadership for Creative Enterprises Program.
This is a full time position
Position requires work outside of normal business hours. This job will require some evening and regular weekend hours to maintain the classroom and recruiting schedules.
- Communicates regularly with current and admitted students (domestic and international) independently and effectively;
- Manages student procedures including matriculation, orientation, course bidding and registration, practicum seminar registration and evaluation, tracks and monitors students toward degree fulfillment;
- Attends to sensitive academic and financial student affairs matters, work with other offices on campus to resolve student issues with sound judgment and discretion;
- Identifies, coordinates, and provides resources and support to students;
- Refers student inquiries to appropriate department, if needed, and provides information about University processes to students;
- Processes and supports international students with additional academic requirements toward degree;
- Works with International Office on student visa and compliance issues;
- Creates open-communication with students to assist in the transition into graduate school;
- Plans and manages events: orientation, professional development, social activities, and convocation;
- Manages and executes administrative elements of program admissions and recruiting process;
- Manages the comprehensive recruiting program and supporting marketing/media strategies;
- Administers the online application system for more than 300 applications per cycle and maintains the CRM database ensuring effective pipeline processes;
- Serves as first and ongoing point of contact for prospective students and applicants;
- Communicates merits of and requirements for admission to the MSC professional program;
- Conveys the benefit of this unique communication management program to adult professional students;
- Fields inquiries, info requests, and drop-ins;
- Provides oversight and authorizes financial transactions and attend school business meetings;
- Hires, supervises, mentors, and organizes day-to-day work of program and student assistant(s);
- Creates schedules ensuring appropriate front office and class day coverage;
- Executes seminar, individual event, and program evaluations for assessment;
- Distributes and collects exit interview data;
- Provides direct oversight of operating budget related to student services (meals, programs, parking, etc.);
- Processes course scheduling and information, schedule classrooms, initiate Blackboard activity, and secure instructional materials when applicable with administrative support;
- Creates and manages technology related communication to ensure accuracy and maximize effectiveness;
- Manages website and analytics as related to the comprehensive marketing and advertising campaigns and implements all internet based campaigns;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience in higher education or relevant field;
- Experience with program management;
- Previous supervisory and decision-making experience;
- Experience managing and allocating budgets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize in an efficient and productive manner with attention to detail;
- Understanding of creative industries (including, theatre, radio, film, television, gaming, etc.).
- Previous experience working with professional programs and graduate students;
- Working knowledge of university systems and environment.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/r8kmjt2