Supervising Coordinator, Student Activities and Programming
The University of Iowa in Iowa
|Deadline||July 17, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The Center for Student Involvement and Leadership (CSIL) located in the Iowa Memorial Union is searching for a Supervising Coordinator for Student Activities and Programming. This position will advise the programmatic, operational, and fiduciary activities of major University-wide recognized student organizations that are responsible for providing cultural, recreational, entertainment, and service-oriented programming, including Campus Activities Board (CAB), SCOPE Productions, Homecoming Council, RiverFest, RiverRun.; and promote, coordinate, and evaluate on- and off-campus social programs and activities, with a primary focus on late night, weekend programming.
Salary and Benefits:
- $39,000 to commensurate based on experience
- Fringe benefit package include 24 days paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
- Check out https://jobs.uiowa.edu/why_ui/index.php for WHY IOWA
- Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration, Student Development, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated experience (typically 1-3 years) working in higher education in advising, developing, coordinating, and evaluating student life and campus activities programming; preferably 3-5 years.
- Demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism and experience working with students of color and other historically underrepresented students.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and application of oral and written communication techniques and relationship building skills that develop the ability to clearly communicate and work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to apply organization's performance management system, practices, and tools to developing and improving individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Extensive experience in planning, organizing and executing large student life programs and events including contract negotiations.
- Extensive knowledge of assessment methods and activities; ability to assess programs and review students' learning outcomes to ensure achievement of objectives and strategies.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget and expense management.
Applicant credentials are subject to verification. To apply for this position visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #64733. Applications will be accepted through July 17, 2014.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://jobs.uiowa.edu