Senior IT Security Analyst
Middle Tennessee State University in Tennessee
|Deadline||August 08, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2014|
SENIOR IT SECURITY ANALYST
Information Technology/Network Security
Pos. # 425010 Req. # 2598
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Information Technology Security Analyst will assist with the management of a campus wide information security program, concentrating on information security practices and compliance with relevant information technology security standards, procedures and regulations. Regularly and proactively employs scanning and detection methods to determine possible vulnerabilities and related information security issues. Analyze traffic trends and system logs and propose security policy changes. Conduct departmental information security reviews; provide technical resources for information security incident responses. Research and maintain up to date knowledge of information security issues, alerts, and threats. Assist with and make recommendations for security and access configurations of servers and networks. Participate in departmental on-call rotation and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited US educational institution.
- Four years experience managing the information security environment for medium to large (>100 employees) organization to include implementing data security practices, procedures and methods.
- Demonstrable expertise developing enterprise information technology security procedures and policies; configuring and administering firewalls, intrusion detection and related information security systems.
- Demonstrable expertise using packet sniffers and other network traffic analyzers.
- Three years experience installing, configuring, maintaining and diagnosing problems with wired and wireless networks.
- Experience utilizing open source security tools such as Nessus and Snort.
- Experience managing Windows (current), Linux, and MacOS systems/servers.
Note: a high school diploma or high school equivalency (HSE) and eight years of progressively responsible experience managing the information security environment for medium to large (>100 employees) educational organization to include implementing data security practices, procedures and methods may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor's degree.
SALARY RANGE: $48,325 - $54,728
FILING PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit the following required materials: (1) a cover letter indicating interest in the position; (2) a complete resume (3) an application submitted at: http://mtsujobs.mtsu.edu.
POSTING DATE: July 8, 2014
CLOSING DATE: August 8, 2014
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://mtsujobs.mtsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55302