Executive Director Career Management and Student Services
Ohio University in Ohio
|Deadline||July 28, 2014|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Reporting to the Deans office, the Executive Director of Career Management and Student Services will have strategic and operational responsibility for the Colleges Career Management and Student Services office. The Executive Director will work with the Assistant Dean of Student Services and the Director of Career Management to reorganize two existing teams into an integrated career management office. Person must possess a business centric mindset and a passion for student education and development.
1. Work with dean's office and college's executive team to secure and manage relationships with key corporate partners, including necessary travel to meet with senior leaders in partner organizations.
2. Lead the strategic planning process for career management and student services for the College of Business, ensuring appropriate actions and accountability.
3. Reorganize the Career Services and Student Services offices into new Office of Career Management, manage and develop the Assistant Dean of Student Services and Director of Career Management, and implement formal career management training program for entire seven-person team.
4. Work with university and dean's office on the implementation of a comprehensive enrollment management program, including the recruiting, retention, and development of students.
5. Ensure the development and retention of high-performing students through professional development programs, innovative curriculum, and career management advising.
6. Responsible for developing metrics to assess performance of office, including placement, career management, enrollment management, and relationships with corporate partners and other key stakeholders.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, human resources management, college student personnel, or related field.
2. Significant leadership experience in career management related positions (at least 8 years preferred), including talent management, leadership development, recruiting and retention processes, or other related activities.
3. Knowledge and awareness of recruiting and career management processes and activities in a university setting, preferably with a business school or representing a corporation.
4. Proven ability to effectively lead a team or organization and successfully meet or exceed goals and objectives.
5. Leadership, communication, and relationship skills necessary to develop strong internal relationships with key college and external stakeholders and to develop and maintain strong external relationships with key corporate partners.
6. Business centric mindset with passion for student education and development.
1. Master's degree in business or related field.
2. Familiarity with systems, software, and technologies commonly used to effectively and efficiently manage recruiting, career management, and relationship management processes.
3. Extensive relationship and key account management experience.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/10313