Princeton University in New Jersey
|Date Posted||June 30, 2014|
Reporting to the Benefits Manager in the Office of Human Resources, the Disability Manager is responsible for the accurate, consistent and seamless administration of short-term disability, long-term disability and workers compensation for faculty and staff. This individual will also manage a campus-wide return to work program. While providing a high level of service to the employee and their manager, the Disability Manager works collaboratively with university health services, human resources professionals and the office of general counsel to effectively manage the overall activities required to support our medical leave programs and benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as the single point-of-contact for the disabled employee and his/her manager to provide proactive communications and actively manage the individual disability case.
* Coordination of communications, systems reporting and information for each leave of absence due to disability via phone, mail and e-mail between employee (patient), health services, supervisor, client services, data management, risk management and an external vendor.
* Ensures timely and accurate communications, consistency and accuracy of benefit coverage and service delivery from all parties involved in each case.
* Collaborates with all stakeholders to identify and implement best solution for all involved while maintaining integrity and consistency of plan administration.
* Maintains highly organized documentation, with detailed case notes, data entry and review. Proactively follows-up for any missing information that can delay processing benefits and/or return to work.
* Manages cases to completion. Provides policy interpretation as needed, facilitates negotiations between patient and supervisor as needed.
* Provides monthly, quarterly and annual program metrics with analysis and recommendations regarding plan or program design, process or service delivery improvements, opportunities to improve efficiency of programs and policies.
* If early return to work is possible, will identify positions to match individual skills and facilitate arrangements for a partial return to work as an interim step to returning to one''s own job.
* This individual will ensure full compliance with all federal and state leave requirements and all related University plans and policies.
* This position is also responsible for the service delivery and consistency of coverage provided by our long-term disability third party administrator.
* The successful candidate will have 4+ years of experience with Disability program administration, including short-term, long-term disability and workers compensation
* Demonstrated case management experience in Disability and Leaves Administration
* Mastery of regulatory compliance including FMLA, NJFLA, ADA, HIPAA, etc.
* Familiarity with job restrictions, accommodations and functional capacity exams
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
* Extremely organized and comfortable managing many multiple and varied complex individual situations.
* Experience counseling and working with employees regarding disability benefits, leave policies and other benefits.
* Ability to negotiate effectively where competing priorities may exist to influence results
* Strong customer service orientation
* Analytical skills to assess situations for creative solutions and data to form conclusions and recommendations
* Proficient in managing multiple sources of data and integrity; ability to identify trends, design reports, conduct audit and analysis of data
* Strong analytical and financial acumen
* Creative problem solving while maintaining full compliance with legislative requirements, Plan and University policies.
Please apply here: https://jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64948
The final candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check.
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/8k97rd5