Director, OneStop Enrollment Services
FlU -- Florida International University in Florida
|Date Posted||June 27, 2014|
Director, OneStop Enrollment Services
Florida International University is a comprehensive university offering 340 majors in 188 degree programs in 23 colleges and schools, with innovative bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs across all disciplines including medicine, public health, law, journalism, hospitality, and architecture. FIU is Carnegie-designated as both a research university with high research activity and a community-engaged university. Located in the heart of the dynamic south Florida urban region, our multiple campuses serve over 50,000 students, placing FIU among the ten largest universities in the nation. Our annual research expenditures in excess of $100 million and our deep commitment to engagement have made FIU the go-to solutions center for local to global issues. FIU leads the nation in granting bachelor’s degrees, including in the STEM fields, to minority students and is first in awarding STEM master’s degrees to Hispanics. Our students, faculty, and staff reflect Miami’s diverse population, earning FIU the designation of a Hispanic-Serving Institution. At FIU, we are proud to be ‘Worlds Ahead’! For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu.
The OneStop Enrollment Services operation will be located in the Student Academic Support Center. This state of the art facility is a fully funded, multi-purpose student support complex that will create, facilitate and promote student interaction, campus engagement, and academic success by bringing together major student support areas such as Enrollment Services, Student Financials, Career Services and International Student Services amongst others. It will be based out of the Modesto Maidique Campus (MMC), but support and collaborate with all campuses and other sites of FIU. The Director of the OneStop will drive all initiatives aimed at offering integrated student services to support the following Enrollment Services functions: Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Call Center and Enrollment and Transfer Processing to create a OneStop operation in this new space. This project is pivotal for the implementation of the University’s strategic plan. This new center represents an opportunity for the University to create a “culture of service” by assisting students in a single location with professional support staff uniquely trained to render full service assistance and excellent customer service.
Plans, directs and coordinates all functions related to the OneStop Enrollment Services Center. Ensures that all pertinent federal, state, and institutional laws, policies, and regulations are followed. Gathers, monitors and analyzes data to inform strategic decisions.
• Leads and promotes the philosophy of OneStop service by coordinating and developing service enhancements for the OneStop Enrollment Services Center and other units in the division of Enrollment Services.
• Directs, coordinates, implements, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of projects for Enrollment Services Center to include the OneStop counter, Call Center, and Mail Processing Center. Assesses and provides coordinated services to the University’s student population.
• Ensures collaboration amongst the OneStop Enrollment Services Center and the Office of the Registrar, Undergraduate Admissions, Student Financial Aid, Veterans and Military Affairs, Enrollment Center Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC), Enrollment and Transfer Processing, Student Financials, and any other pertinent offices in the divisions of Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and Undergraduate Education.
• Maintains an innovative and effective customer service and cross-functional training program for new staff, as well as an on-going refresher training program for staff.
• Serves as project sponsor or lead on One Stop Enrollment Services technology projects and provides direction and vision to staff that serve on the project. Works in collaboration with University Technology Services (UTS) unit to ensure adequate support during planning, development, and implementation of technology initiatives.
• Supports development, implementation, and assessment of the OneStop Enrollment Services Center unit plan. Prepares reports and analyzes data to make strategic informed decisions. Surveys students and other customers to evaluate and assess levels of customer service and satisfaction and to gather feedback about ideas for improvement.
Master’s Degree, Ph. D or terminal/professional degree in Higher Education related field preferred. Experience with PeopleSoft.
Advertised Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Job ID# 506403
Please visit careers.fiu.edu for more information and to apply.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.