Assistant Professor in Management
Texas A&M University - Kingsville in Texas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The Department of Management, Marketing, and Information Systems at Texas A&M University-Kingsville (TAMUK) invites applications for a tenure-track positions beginning as early as spring 2015.
The preferred specializations are (1) Organizational Theory, (2) Strategic Management, and (3) Decision Science//Business Analytics. Position is at the rank of Assistant Professor.
Requirements: Candidates should hold a relevant doctoral degree from AACSB-accredited institution. The successful candidate will join a college that is committed to student excellence, innovative and engaged instruction, combined with scholarly productivity.
Responsibilities include teaching nine credit hours per semester, research leading to refereed journal publications, as well as college and university service. Specific courses to be taught could include: organizational theory, strategic management (capstone); decision science, and business analytics. Faculty members are expected to engage in service activities related to the Management, Marketing, and Information Systems department, the College of Business, and the University. Within the department, service requirements will also include efforts to engage and retain students, support students clubs, and connect TAMUK with the business community in Southwest Texas. Qualified applicants must have a doctoral degree in the designated areas or/and have completed the degree requirements prior to August 2014. The College of Business Administration serves approximately 800 undergraduate and graduate students, has a collegial faculty and many opportunities for professional and personal development.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Doctorate in the designated business areas or a closely related field from an AACSB accredited institution.
- ABDs may be considered; but must provide strong evidence that the doctoral degree will be completed prior to arrival on campus.
- Candidates in dissertation stage will be considered if the degree completion date is expected to be close to the appointment date.
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to pursue a balanced commitment to excellent teaching, productive research, and active service.
- Ability to work with students of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds.
Preferred candidates will also have relevant professional experience and professional certification. Candidates will be expected to teach both on-campus and online courses. Interested applicants should apply online via JavJobs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled."
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://javjobs.tamuk.edu/