Assistant Director, Cooperative Education - Office of Professional Practice
Purdue University in Indiana
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2014|
Responsible for the development, direction, administration, and outreach activities associated with the Cooperative Education Programs offered by the School of Engineering's Office of Professional Practice. These programs are of national prominence and the Assistant Director will ensure they are of the highest quality. The Assistant Director will be responsible for continuous growth of student participation in these programs. Recruit students, create promotional materials, write grant proposals, conduct workshops and teach ENG 10300 Professional Practice Seminar course (1 cr hr).
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Management, Education, Communications, Counseling or related.
- Three years of professional experience in management, marketing, event planning, and/or corporate relations experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Supervisory skills.
- Career Services/Placement skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of pre-college and college students, alumni, administrators, faculty and staff.
- Essential skills include problem solving, organization, time management, customer service, creativity, and professionalism.
- Must be highly motivated, self-initiating and a team player.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make decisions under pressure from students, faculty and parents.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel.
- Experience in program administration; academic, recruitment, career services, cooperative education, community or industry outreach.
- Experience in developing training, promotional, and informational materials.
- Knowledge of Cooperative Education programs/internships.
- ALL candidates should apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined contribution waiting period.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Candidates may apply online at www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job #1401441.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://bit.ly/1mhxYrc