Senior Associate Vice President for Finance & Administration
University of Georgia
|Deadline||August 28, 2014|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2014|
The University of Georgia invites applications and nominations for the position of Senior Associate Vice President for Finance & Administration ("Senior AVP"). The Senior AVP position reports to the Vice President for Finance & Administration ("VPF&A") and works in close collaboration with the Provost's Office in serving as the University's Budget Director. In addition, the Senior AVP works closely with the VPF&A and the members of the Finance & Administration leadership team in facilitating the broad and diverse operational responsibilities of the units within Finance & Administration.
The Senior AVP will have primary responsibility for the University's budget planning, budget development and budget management processes as well as the University's business and accounting services including: Accounting and Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Student Accounts, Budget Office, Bursar's Office, Contracts and Grants, Payroll, Travel, Procurement, Property Control, and Administrative Services (Campus Mail, Central Duplicating Services, Central Receiving, Central Office Supply, Records Management, Insurance and Claims Management, the Administrative Services Warehouse, and Directory Assistance).
In coordination with the Office of the Vice President for Information Technology, the Senior AVP assists with administrative oversight of the computing efforts that support finance and administration functions including administrative information systems, technology support services, a Web presence and information security within the units for which the Senior AVP has primary responsibility.
These responsibilities require a high level of collaboration and cooperation with various academic and administrative units across the University and with its affiliated organizations, as well as with the University System of Georgia Board of Regents and local and state government representatives. Thus, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with faculty, administrative staff, students, University administration, Board of Regents staff, state agencies and other external business partners is required.
Preferred/Minimum Qualifications: Meaningful experience in a comparable position with a master's degree in Business Administration or a related field required and higher education experience preferred.
- Assist executive leadership in the planning and development of sustainable budgets to meet the strategic priorities of the University.
- Provide leadership for unit directors to deliver effective and efficient operational support to schools, colleges, and University units in carrying out the strategic vision for the University.
- The Senior AVP will work collaboratively with deans, senior faculty and administrators to promote effective communications and to understand and support the business needs of the University's academic, research, and public service and outreach programs.
- Engage the campus community to assess and improve financial services and reporting across all units. Develop, monitor and recommend process improvements that align with the University's strategic vision.
- Ensure business and financial operations are performed in accordance with federal, state, University and Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Recruit and retain excellent and diverse managers and staff. Create a team of managers and staff who can independently conceptualize, resolve and complete increasingly complex and important transactions.
- Identify and assess opportunities for innovation.
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant/sea-grant university, is the largest and most comprehensive educational institution in Georgia. Founded in 1785 by the Georgia General
Assembly as the first state-chartered university in the country, the University is recognized as the flagship among the 31 institutions comprising the University System of Georgia. UGA is consistently ranked among the top 25 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta.
Anticipated start date is December 1, 2014. Review of applications will begin August 28, 2014. Applications received by that date will be assured of consideration. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicant's credentials and experience meet the responsibilities and qualifications stated above; a current resume; and contact information for three references (who will not be contacted without further correspondence with the applicant).
Email submissions with attachments are preferred. Please send to: HRRAS@uga.edu
In lieu of email submission, written application materials can be directed to:
UGA Finance & Administration
University of Georgia, Human Resources Recruitment & Administrative Services (HRRAS)
Search Committee: Senior Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration
215 S. Jackson Street
Athens, GA 30602
Confidential requests for information should be directed to Lindsey Van Note with the UGA Human Resources Recruitment & Administrative Services, 706-542-7329.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to HRRAS@uga.edu
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.