Arizona State University in Arizona
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 25, 2014|
Arizona State University
Requisition Id# 5415BR
$65,000 - $75,000 per year; DOE
June 30, 2014 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and considered every two weeks until the search is closed.
The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development is seeking a Proposal Manager. Under administrative direction, formulates and executes the proposal process by analyzing RFP, RFI, BAA or similar documents; setting and articulating clear expectations of proposal objectives; defining and assigning team member responsibilities; facilitating all proposal team communications; ensuring all deadlines and quality controls are met. Provides comprehensive writing and editing expertise for proposals, procedure documents, progress reports, and position papers.
- Establishes a proposal production system and standards, including logistics, quality control, communication, versioning, and archiving systems and methodologies, as applicable.
- Formulates and executes a project plan by analyzing the RFP, RFI, or similar document; sets and articulates clear expectations of proposal objectives; defines and assigns team member responsibilities; facilitates all proposal team communications; ensures all deadlines and quality controls are met.
- Formulates and executes proposal production plans and document preparation and communication according to RFP and funding guidelines. Coordinates the extended team (faculty, researchers, proposal writers) responsible for writing and developing proposals to ensure timelines and standards are met.
- Analyzes proposal inputs from team; and works with production staff and writers to ensure thorough and timely completion of all proposal components.
- Conducts a first read of each proposal and strives to resolve questions by either researching the appropriate knowledge bases or opening communication among team members who have the ability to resolve the question.
- Provides comprehensive writing and editing expertise for proposals, procedure documents, progress reports, and position papers to ensure accuracy and quality of responses (e.g., edits contents of entire document, writes executive summaries and responses to specific proposal questions).
- Consults and coaches with team members during the proposal process; tracks issue resolutions; clarifies customer requirements; and identifies and resolves logistical issues.
- Keeps communication open between all team members via voicemail and e-mail, informs all proposal team members of conference calls, meetings, and deadlines.
- Analyzes issues or problems that occurred during the course of a project and applies lessons learned to the next proposal.
- Creates and maintains a database of template and boilerplate material and an archive of past proposals.
- Recruits and manages editorial/production assistant(s) and student workers assigned to Proposal Operations.
- Supports assignment to other projects as needed.
Bachelor's degree in a science-related field, business or related field and 5 years experience in research, information analysis or program evaluation 2 of which is in proposal production; OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Evidence of: a Masters degree in social, natural or applied sciences; an Association of Proposal Management accreditation; effective verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of: state and federal funding agencies and policies; rules and regulations pertaining to research activities; higher education assessment and research program review lifecycle; business development principles.
Experience in: writing, editing, and managing large collaborative technical writing efforts, such as grant proposals; working in a science or technology related organization; organizing projects; meeting deadlines in a business-based group setting; designing resource tools, materials and presentations (e.g., graphic presentation of data); management and supervisory principles and practices; teamwork; problem solving and conflict resolutions; managing multiple, diverse projects and meeting deadlines; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see and hear to perform essential duties.
The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development assists faculty, staff and students to secure and administer outside support for their instructional, research, and public service activities, as well as, protects institutional eligibility of external funding by ensuring that all sponsored projects comply with ASU general research policies as well as federal, state and sponsor mandates. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 70,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
Arizona State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 11:59PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff Positions, see Req Id# 5415BR
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=745057