Director of Student Leadership Programs
University of Dayton in Ohio
|Date Posted||June 23, 2014|
The University of Dayton, founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, is a Top Ten Catholic research university. The University seeks outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community.
The Director of Leadership Programs serves in a full time, 12-month capacity and reports to the Assistant Vice President of Student Development. The Director of Leadership Programs is responsible for constructing a comprehensive leadership development program that empowers students to be socially just servant leaders through the acceptance and practice of responsibility, thoughtful decision making, reflection, and the exploration of the faith and spirituality of self and others. This position oversees division-wide programs and trainings that provide students with opportunities to develop and enhance a personal philosophy of leadership, improve employment performance and influence others. The Director will develop and guide the assessment plans to support programming initiatives. The Director will work campus wide on experiential learning initiatives as well as joining leadership education initiatives for effective use of resources.
- Masters degree in leadership education, higher education, administration, student personnel, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience working with culturally diverse students.
- Minimum 3 years experience in campus-wide program development.
- Knowledge of college student leadership current trends.
- Minimum of two years of direct work experience with leadership programs in higher education.
- Project design and implementation experience.
- Experience with the principles and practices of leadership theory.
- Experience with program assessment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety constituents (faculty, staff and students).
- Experience supporting student leaders.
- Understanding and support for the values and perspectives of a Catholic liberal arts education.
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. We act affirmatively to recruit and hire women, traditionally under-represented minority groups, persons with disabilities and veterans.
Application deadline: 06/29/14
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rhpcbfb
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/rhpcbfb