Assistant Vice President - Recruitment & Outreach
Utah Valley University in Utah
|Date Posted||June 18, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Assistant Vice President for Recruitment/Outreach will provide leadership and support for Recruitment and Outreach programs designed to enroll prospective students.
Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with a doctorate degree and a minimum of three years of recent experience in a related field within higher education in a strategic leadership role, including management of departments and programs OR a masters degree in a related field and five years of related experience within higher education in a strategic leadership role, including management of departments and programs.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masters degree (doctorate preferred), of Educational Leadership, Public Policy, Business, Behavioral/Science, Educational Psychology, Social Work or other related field and a minimum of five years of progressive experience, including supervision or personnel, budget management and strategic planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of administrative organization, methods of control, organizational planning, and implementation.
- Knowledge of marketing, recruitment, public relations, program assessment and evaluation, federal grant programs, extended community outreach services, and student advising.
- Knowledge of research methods and statistical report preparation and writing.
- Knowledge of trends of assessment, demographics, and effective recruitment efforts.
- Knowledge of technology and effective strategic planning skills to integrate enterprise systems.
- Skill in assessing and evaluating programs.
- Effective Human relations skills, including communications, problem-solving, decision-making, and interviewing.
- Skilled in public speaking, event planning, leadership, and community outreach.
- Ability to manage division budgets, including grants.
- Ability to seek alternative funding sources, including grants for assigned areas and programs.
- Ability to direct and assess strategic planning initiatives.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal and external constituencies to ensure quality services and programs for students and community members.
Responsible for the operational management and administrative direction of a department(s) or division with university-wide impact. Reports to the Vice President or Associate Vice President. Responsible for supporting the mission and vision of a division and the university. Provides direct assistance in the formulation, development, and implementation of goals and objectives and University policies and procedures. May serve as chair of University committees and represent the Vice President as appropriate.
UVU is located in Orem, Utah with satellite campuses in the north and south ends of Utah County, Wasatch County, and the Provo Airport. At UVU, benefit eligible employees enjoy: waived undergraduate resident tuition for themselves and dependents; employer paid retirement program; competitive medical and dental insurance; life insurance; 12 paid holidays per year; a generous leave policy; and discounts for university events and local businesses. Visit http://www.uvu.edu/hr/benefits/index.htmlfor more benefits information.
Apply online: https://www.uvu.jobs
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/cs7w858