Director of Career and Professional Development
St Edwards University in Texas
|Deadline||August 06, 2014|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2014|
Career and Professional Development
The Director for the Office of Career and Professional Development will be responsible for providing the strategic direction, vision and leadership for the office. This position includes supervision of professional staff, identification and development of employment opportunities and educational trends to meet the changing needs of students and employers, the development and promotion of career programs and services and budget management.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Office for Career and Professional Development mission, vision, goals, objectives and annual strategic plan.
- Manage employer relations, job development and recruitment activities.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and budget administration for Career and Professional Development.
- Provide leadership in the development of programs and initiatives that assist in obtaining employment.
- Oversee Career and Professional Development related programmatic/initiative development for all student populations: undergraduate (Traditional and New College), and graduate.
- Establish campus-wide collaborative relationships with Deans, Directors, Department Heads,
- Meet with academic leaders and faculty on a regular basis to determine needs, provide support, and develop programs, services, and opportunities.
- Maintain and continue to grow relationships with the business community to enhance employment opportunities.
- Manage coordination of internships, and other career exploration experiential learning programs.
- Utilize social media to promote the mission of the Career and Professional Development Office and communicate job opportunities.
- Provide and encourage ongoing professional development for Staff.
- Develop and conduct assessment and evaluation of the area.
- Work with alumni to participate in programs and recruit at the university.
- Manage Marketing and Web presence
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in career planning and placement
- Support for the mission of the university
- Management and supervisory experience required.
- Career planning experience or translatable skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Presentation and public speaking skills required.
- Ability to work comfortably with high-level administrators, both internally and externally
- Grant administration experience preferred.
- Familiarity with web-based resources and design, and Internet manipulation
- Experience using social media tools for outreach and marketing
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to analyze and use data as decision-making tool
- Experience or knowledge of best practice when working with international students and special populations
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,800 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the more than 900 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward's community as the university increases its global engagement to educate students for the opportunities and challenges of a 21st century world.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an application online at www.stedwards.applicantpro.com Please attach a letter of interest and resume to the application.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/107224-13121.html