Director, The WELL (Wellbeing, Empowerment, Life & Learning)
University of California, Riverside in California
|Date Posted||June 11, 2014|
The University of California Riverside seeks a Director of The Well (Wellbeing, Empowerment, Life & Learning) to lead a diverse team of both professional and student staff members in creating a safe, supportive, and connected campus and promoting healthy minds, bodies and communities. In collaboration with the Student Wellness Partners (Student Health, Counseling, Recreation, Housing, Dining & Residential Services and Graduate Division), the Director will create a strong and active wellness culture at UC Riverside that enables all students to flourish in body, mind and spirit. The Director will help identify strategies to support and motivate programming and training efforts which are inclusive of topics related to peer-education/mentorship, mental health, sexual health, financial wellness, alcohol and other drug education, physical health, emotional well-being and social wellness.
Candidates with significant professional experience as a unit manager/lead of a student affairs function or equivalent; strong knowledge and experience with development and implementation of holistic wellness programs; outstanding leadership and communication skills; demonstrated experience in program development and proven ability to prepare and manage a budget are encouraged to apply.
Further information about the position and requirements can be found at the UC Riverside Jobs web page https://irecruitportal.ucr.edu/irecruit/!Controller?action=jobs_webui.show_page&page=jobs_detail&requisition_id=201405076103&profile_id=&module=jobs.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Student Affairs, Health Education, Health Promotion, Public Health, or other related field and significant related professional experience as a unit manager/lead of a student affairs function or equivalent.
2. Strong knowledge and practical experience with development and implementation of holistic wellness programs.
3. Outstanding leadership and communication skills, including public speaking, presentations and written communication.
4. Demonstrated experience in program development and success with planning, organization, delegating and monitoring work activities.
5. Proven ability to prepare and manage a budget, make realistic and equitable fiscal decisions, and prepare cogent budgetary and annual reports.
6. Experience working with a diverse population, demonstrated multicultural competency and ability to integrate unique needs and concerns of multicultural populations into health and wellness education efforts.
7. Demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate effectively with students, staff, faculty, unit heads, administration, parents, and the academic community.
8. Proven ability to be collaborative and to involve others in decision making.
9. Strong knowledge of the social, psychological and physical development stages of students, and knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of student development and learning theory.
10. Demonstrated ability to build healthy communities of wellbeing in the workplace and within the university community at large.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/y6kr96y