Central Michigan University in Michigan
|Date Posted||June 10, 2014|
The director of integrated marketing at CMU leads the marketing team within University Communications, developing and implementing strategies to advance the Central Michigan University brand among prospective and current students and parents, employees, alumni, community leaders, K-12 educators, and friends of the university. The director oversees marketing campaigns from concept to completion in emerging and traditional environments, including digital, web, social media, print and broadcast opportunities. The director manages projects, ensures quality and deadlines are upheld, works to advance the “One CMU” brand among constituents on- and off-campus, and helps to establish a collaborative and engaging culture within University Communications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs the marketing team in the creation of research-based integrated marketing campaigns in print, electronic, multimedia, online and social media environments in order to effectively reach the university’s target markets.
- Conducts market analyses to gain greater understanding of the university’s market position and inform decisions to launch and/or invest in programs and geographic locations that effectively support recruitment, engagement and fundraising goals.
- Directs market research activities to keep abreast of demographics and relevant higher education trends.
- Provides effective brand leadership in collaboration with the creative services director to assure a cohesive, unified and consistent brand identity across the university.
- Engages and collaborates with colleges and academic departments, faculty, undergraduate admissions, graduate studies international student services, Global Campus, residence life, alumni relations, athletics and development.
- Assigns and manages projects; leads brainstorming sessions; serves hands-on in development and implementation roles.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, public relations, advertising or related field.
- Three years in marketing leadership with proven experience in leading a team to quantifiable outcomes.
- Experience building brands through concept development, Web site design, identity design and marketing campaign development and implementation, including in online/digital environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of market research principles and applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to rally others around brand positioning concepts and ability to convey creative concepts and rationale to team members and clients.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills, with the proven ability to plan, establish priorities and shepherd multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
- Experience in measurement, analysis and evaluation of marketing and communication initiatives and online analytics.
- Team player who is highly motivated and a self-starter, with an ability to inspire and persuade others.
- Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applying the principles of integrated marketing in higher education.
Central Michigan University was established in 1892 and is among the nation’s 100 largest public universities. As a tier-one university, CMU serves nearly 20,000 students on its Mount Pleasant campus. It also enrolls more than 7,000 students and working adults online and at 50 out-of-state locations. The university is ranked No. 1 in online undergraduate education by U.S. News and World Report.
CMU delivers a superior educational experience for students that is built on close relationships with faculty and staff, hands-on learning including undergraduate research, an emphasis on leadership and volunteerism, and a global perspective.
With a $440 million budget, CMU offers more than 200 academic programs from the undergraduate to doctoral levels. Premier programs include the sciences, business, accounting, health professions, communications, teacher preparation, educational leadership, engineering, neuroscience, psychology, apparel merchandising design, music and political science.
CMU in 2013 launched the nation’s 137th College of Medicine with a unique mission of preparing students for an escalating shortage of primary care physicians in medically underserved communities.
Employees have access to state-of-the-art fitness facilities and a nationally recognized wellness program as well as health care and benefits that exceed national norms for many industries.
CMU offers top NCAA Division I athletics. The university is located in a classic college community in the heart of lower Michigan, where residents find active outdoor features, family attractions, boutique shops and Midwestern life in a vibrant university culture.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate in employment against persons based on age, color, disability, gender, gender identity/gender expression, genetic information, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie.)
If you wish to see “EEO is the Law” posters, please click here.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.apply-for-job.net/c/jobclick.cfm?site=2701&job=18581289