Assistant Dean - University College
Utah Valley University in Utah
|Date Posted||June 9, 2014|
Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Dean, the assistant dean manages academic programs, events, and outreach activities including faculty/student interactions, student professional organizations, judicial affairs, academic programs and guidelines, programs affecting student, faculty, and/or staff employee performance and concerns; provides guidance to programs related to student success, first-year experience, retention, and completion.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree in a discipline directly related to the specific college and 2 years evidence of progressive academic and administrative experience with a record of successful people management.
- Knowledge of academic program assessment, accreditation, and program review standards and processes.
- Knowledge of university judicial standards regarding students, curriculum processes, recruitment activities, grant processes, including budgetary reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the University College mission and program areas.
- Skills in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Windows operating systems and software.
- Skills in the systems specific to academic technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage academic resources and how to prioritize resources in an environment where demands constantly exceed available resources.
- Ability to work effectively with many constituencies in diverse communities.
- Ability to conduct internal/institutional research and publish analytical reports to inform the strategic planning process.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and properly respond to sensitive situations.
- Ability to organize events and carry out major projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to lead with a successful track record in marketing and public relations.
- Ability to be a team player and demonstrate accountability for responsibilities.
- Ability to assist and entertain guests on campus.
- Ability to prepare brochures, flyers, newsletters, statistics, and written reports of high professional quality.
M-F, 8am to 5 pm. Required attendance for evening or weekend events in support of College or institutional activities.
Utah Valley University (UVU) is a student-centered teaching institution dedicated to building communities of engaged learners. Being part of something greater, serving a larger mission of discovery and student engaged learning — that's the heart of what drives people to work at UVU. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance the Unique Mission of our institution. Our goal in Human Resources is to ensure that the University is an “Employer of Choice” and as such we are committed to continuous improvement, and to an employee population that represents the diverse communities in which we operate.
UVU is located in Orem, Utah with satellite campuses in the north and south ends of Utah County, Wasatch County, and the Provo Airport. At UVU, benefit eligible employees enjoy: waived undergraduate resident tuition for themselves and dependents; employer paid retirement program; competitive medical and dental insurance; life insurance; 12 paid holidays per year; a generous leave policy; and discounts for university events and local businesses. Visit http://www.uvu.edu/hr/benefits/index.html for more benefits information.
Apply online: https://www.uvu.jobs
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/5thfgwt