Vice President for University Relations
Arcadia University in Pennsylvania
|Deadline||June 30, 2014|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Arcadia University is seeking a consensus builder who possesses creativity, energy and leadership ability to fill the newly created position of Vice President for University Relations. Reporting directly to the President and serving on the Presidents Cabinet, the Vice President will lead Arcadias media and public relations, creative and editorial services, web and new media, marketing functions, communication strategy, and community development initiatives. Responsible for both external and internal communications and marketing, the successful candidate will possess the skills necessary to create and implement a coordinated communications and marketing strategy, elevate the Universitys web and social media presence, position the president and faculty as experts and spokespeople on important issues, and increase positive media coverage of the institution.
For additional information about this position, please visit: http://www.arcadia.edu/vpsearch
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) with a major in marketing, journalism, public relations or allied field.
- Professional writing ability demonstrated by 5-10 years of professional writing experience.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, including public speaking, with ability to present information on a wide variety of subjects using the full array of written, oral, and visual formats and techniques for diverse audiences.
- Evidence of success in team building, consensus building and appropriate delegation of responsibility.
- Demonstrated success in public affairs, business development, lobbying, communications or similar field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all current communications vehicles and evaluation techniques, including a working knowledge of web development and content management systems (such as Drupal), social media, and web analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines dependencies, deliverables, milestones and resource allocation and management in projects.
- Proven ability to analyze situations accurately, adopt an effective course of action, and maintain composure in all situations.
- Ability to represent the University and the position with confidence, diplomacy, honesty, integrity, humor, and tact.
- Ability to manage, motivate, direct, train and develop staff.
- A genuine desire to work in a non-profit/higher education environment.
To apply, please visit: http://www.arcadia.edu/vpsearch
For full consideration, application materials should be submitted by: June 30, 2014.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. As an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer, Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.arcadia.edu/vpsearch