Assistant Professor of Marketing
Whitworth Univeresity in Washington
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
School of Business
Contract Start Date: July 1, 2015
Dr. Craig Hinnenkamp, Associate Dean of the Whitworth School of Business will be attending the Summer Marketing Educators Conference in San Francisco, CA on August 1-3, 2014. If you would like to meet with Dr. Hinnenkamp, when submitting application materials please indicate that you will be attending the conference. Qualified applicants will be contacted to arrange an appointment with Dr. Hinnenkamp during the conference.
The position will remain open and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The School of Business at Whitworth University invites applications for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor of Marketing. A Ph.D. in marketing or a related field is required (ABDs will be considered) and, depending on rank, a commensurate record of quality research and publications in the marketing field.
Founded in 1890, Whitworth has been consistently ranked among the top regional colleges and universities in the West. Whitworth combines a strong liberal arts perspective, the Christian heritage of the University, its commitment to academic rigor, and its long-standing orientation toward human service. A community of Christian scholars carries out the universitys mission to provide its diverse student body an education of the mind and heart.
Whitworths School of Business (WSB) is in the process of pursuing AACSB accreditation and is recruiting scholars who can contribute to this effort. The WSB is committed to providing students with an outstanding business and economics education. Small class sizes combined with close interaction between students and faculty enable our graduates to learn the essential professional skills and knowledge to successfully compete for positions in todays global marketplace. The undergraduate degree program is the one of the largest on campus with an estimated 16% of all Whitworth students choosing to major in business or economics. The School offers a traditional undergraduate degree in business administration with concentrations in accounting, economics, international business, management, and marketing, and a unique undergraduate degree completion program in organizational management. The graduate program provides an excellent Master of Business Administration degree.
In addition to being active scholars, applicants should be committed to the cultivation of superior teaching skills in marketing courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Teaching assignments may include Strategic Marketing, International Marketing and Marketing Management. An interest in interdisciplinary research and co-authorship with WSB colleagues is valued. Applicants are expected to actively participate in important university, school and departmental support and service responsibilities (e.g., faculty governance, mentoring, development, and student advising). Collegiality is valued and the ability to get along with other people is required.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- A Ph.D. or D.B.A. degree in marketing or a related field. Applicants that are ABD will be considered for the position if they are currently in the process of completing their doctoral degree and have a definite completion date before August 2015.
- Must be academically qualified in marketing under the current AACSB faculty qualification standards.
- Willingness to teach across all three business programs including day and evening programs at various locations and through different modalities (e.g. online).
- Demonstrated effectiveness in college-level undergraduate and graduate teaching (including adult learners), possessing strong relational skills with students and colleagues.
- Evidence of scholarly activity and an on-going stream of research in the field of marketing.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communications across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to race, gender, physical limitations, class or religious perspectives.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States by the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue to work legally for the proposed term of employment. (Including OPT).
- A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth as a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
- Background check and education verification required.
Please submit the following application documents:
- A letter of interest that relates your education and experience to the required qualifications of the position
- Your curriculum vitae
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three or more professional references
- Three recent student course evaluations (if available)
- A short personal essay characterizing your Christian faith. For expanded guidelines, please see www.whitworth.edu/facultyfaithessay)
Application documents should be sent by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not convenient, you may mail the documents directly to the following address:
Human Resource Services, Auld House
Attn: Chair, Marketing Search Committee
300 West Hawthorne Road
Spokane, WA 99251
For more information, please contact Dr. Craig Hinnenkamp at (509)777-3733 or email@example.com.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. With our commitment to building a diverse community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.