Full Time Instructor - History
Kansas City Kansas Community College in Kansas
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||June 3, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
FULL TIME INSTRUCTOR - HISTORY
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
encourages application from minorities
Kansas City Kansas Community College is seeking an individual to fill the above vacancy for Fall Semester, 2014. Successful candidate must be creative, open to change, have a passion for learning and willing to promote the mission of the College.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Instructional responsibilities will include teaching fifteen semester hours of History courses per semester
- Participate in college activities and serve on college committee(s) as assigned
- Maintain scheduled office hours per the Master Contract
- Participate in professional activities and college functions
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of your Division
- Experience teaching at the college level (minimum 3-5 years) and teaching students at the community college level is a definite plus
- Experience teaching traditional and nontraditional college students with a wide variety of learning styles
- Specialization in one of the following areas is strongly preferred: American History, European History, or World History
- Willingness/ability to teach Western Civilization is strongly preferred
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree in History is required. Doctorate degree is preferred
- Significant graduate coursework in World Civilization (18 hours) a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and
experience per the Facultys Master
APPLY BY: Open until Filled
START DATE: Fall Semester, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS MAY BE SCHEDULED VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE COMPLETE A KCKCC APPLICATION WHICH MAY BE FOUND AT WWW.KCKCC.EDU UNDER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. OTHER ATTACHMENTS SUCH AS COVER LETTER OR RESUME CAN ALSO BE UPLOADED AND ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://kckcc.edu