Faculty Position in Marketing
Georgia Institute of Technology in Georgia
|Deadline||July 15, 2014|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2014|
|Type||Tenured, tenure track|
The Marketing Area in the Scheller College of Business in Atlanta, Georgia at the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) is seeking tenure-track faculty candidates at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting in fall 2015 to teach at the undergraduate and graduate level and to conduct research. We are primarily interested in candidates with an interest in Consumer Behavior. Candidates should possess demonstrated potential for excellent scholarly research. Candidates should be sufficiently advanced in their doctoral work and will need to complete their Ph.D. by August 15, 2015, which is the minimum requirement for the position. Salary and a teaching load of three courses of three semester hours per course per year are competitive with leading research universities. Initial screening of applications will begin July 1, 2014 and members of the faculty will be interviewing at the AMA Summer Conference being held in San Francisco.
The Marketing Area currently consists of eight faculty members and includes Ajay Kohli, former Editor of the Journal of Marketing. Faculty members have diverse backgrounds and pursue a variety of research interests.
Georgia Tech’s Scheller College of Business is ranked among the top 30 MBA programs by BusinessWeek and U.S. News & World Report. Georgia Tech is one of the nation’s leading research universities and consistently ranks among the top public universities in the country. Atlanta is the 9th largest metropolitan area in the U.S. and serves as a cultural and economic hub for the region.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A cover letter and vita including education, research interests/publications, work experience and other relevant information.
2. One or more (working) papers.
3. Three letters of recommendation with your name in the filename (e.g., “Smith_John – Letter of Recommendation.pdf”). Please make sure that your name also appears in the body of the recommendation letter.
All electronic correspondence should be addressed to the Chair, Marketing Recruiting Committee. Applications should be sent by July 1, 2014 and no later than July 31, 2014. All documents must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format. Packages sent by regular mail will not be accepted.
Attracting a diverse applicant pool is a critical part of recruitment. Please participate in our voluntary disclosure process. The form to complete will be sent to you upon receipt of your application.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.