HRPO Assistant Director
University of Massachusetts Amherst in Massachusetts
|Date Posted||June 2, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
University of Massachusetts Amherst
HRPO Assistant Director
Office of Research Compliance
The University of Massachusetts Amherst invites applications for the position of HRPO Assistant Director in the Office of Research Compliance. The Assistant Director supports operational requirements related to the management and implementation of the Human Research Protection Office (HRPO), including planning and programmatic improvements, and manages the Post Approval Monitoring (PAM) Program with a goal to ensure ethical and regulatory requirements are followed in Institutional Review Board (IRB)-approved protocols. The Assistant Director provides analysis and feedback to researchers on complex protocol submissions working with both internal and external constituencies and supervises a team of three IRB Analysts who conduct pre-review procedures for a large volume of campus research protocols.
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a biomedical, social, or behavioral science field, plus three years of experience in research compliance. Experience in human research protection and/or IRB operations preferred.
2. Supervisory experience. Prior experience organizing and providing leadership for a team of protocol analysts preferred.
3. Ability to exercise good judgment in the advice and guidance offered to research investigators regarding compliance issues.
4. Experience with the interpretation of regulations, policies, procedures, and ethical issues in human subject research compliance preferred. Familiarity with Post Approval Monitoring preferred.
5. Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to independently prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set goals, and manage project timelines.
6. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Demonstrated skills with variety of computer software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with database applications and other protocol management tools for supporting research preferred.
Hiring Salary Range: $45,400 - $56,800
Normal Starting Salary: $45,400 - $51,100
The University also offers an attractive benefits package.
Please go to http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=49612 and submit a letter of application describing relevant experience and a résumé. The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references will be required prior to interviews. Review of applications will begin on June 16, 2014, but applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Please include Search #R49299 on your application materials.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://apptrkr.com/478743