Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
CUNY John Jay College in New York
|Date Posted||May 30, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Enrollment Bursar Coordinator
CUNY John Jay College
Job ID: 10777
Contract Title: Assistant to Higher Education Officer
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
Closing Date: June 28, 2014
Compensation: $35,576 - $53,241
College website: www.jjay.cuny.edu
- Provides operational support for a College student accounts function.
- Performs processing, collection, reconciliation and maintenance of student receivables
- Counsels students in meeting college financial obligations including current tuition, prior receivables and methods of payment; responds to student account inquiries - Maintains revenue files; prepares reports as required
- Assists in the review of student accounts; identifies and reports delinquent accounts
- May assist in the evaluation and verification of student eligibility for various loans and grants
- Provides support to ensure the smooth flow of business operations and completion of required administrative tasks within the office; may supervise clerical and/or part-time staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Bursar, this position shall perform the following duties in addition to the General Duties listed above:
Analyze and update student accounts
Apply and remove Bursar related indicators in CUNYfirst
Prepare reports and analyze as necessary for the University to process centralized refunds
Analyze and process refunds for student who pay on line.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft products, e-sims, or other student registration/payment system preferred
- Familiarity with processing financial aid loans, third party billing and Point of Sale cash registers preferred
$35,576 - $53,241
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply please visit: www.jjay.cuny.edu/jobs. Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
June 28, 2014
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.