Miller Academic Center Programs Coordinator
Virginia Military Institute in Virginia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 29, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Virginia Military Institute (VMI) is committed to facilitating the transformation of the Miller Academic Center (MAC) into a world-class learning center. Part of this initiative is the opportunity to staff the new position of Programs Coordinator of the MAC. Our motto is Empowering Cadets to be Extraordinary! and thus there will be a high level of expectations for the successful candidates. We are looking for a competent and committed professional who will maximize this opportunity to substantively support the Director in the creation and enhancement of academic support and success programs.
Under the direction of the Director of the Miller Academic Center, duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide general program coordination pertaining to marketing, logistics, program materials preparation, and program follow-up as directed.
- Group Study Sessions (GSS)
- Oversee the administration (attendance records, marketing) and advancement of GSS
- Collaborate and communicate with GSS faculty and course instructors
- Assist with training and supervision of GSS cadet leaders
- Videographer for the MAC
- Attend designated MAC program meetings to videotape for training and assessment purposes
- Work with videos as needed to enhance their use and effectiveness
- Cadet facilitator leadership development
- Supervise MAC office cadet assistants
- Review selected materials and provide summary/report/suggestions for developing additional training materials to support the extension of existing training and leadership opportunities in the MAC
- Assist with the logistics and provision of cadet facilitator training
- Assist MAC Director and Associate/Assistant Director with the implementation of academic success programs as needed (evaluations, meeting with cadets, etc.)
- Represent the MAC at VMI events as needed (Admissions Open Houses, Matriculation Fairs, etc.)
- Provide assessment follow-up, data collection, attendance tracking, etc.
- Use and proficiency in needed software/systems to fulfill this role (i.e. Datatel Colleague, Entrisik, Access, etc.)
- Serve as Office Manager in the oversight and execution of departmental coverage and processes to include:
- Supervision of cadet workers.
- Coordination and tracking of departmental budgets, recordkeeping, travel, purchases, website management, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors, cadets, faculty, etc.
- Serve as liaison with various departments on Post (Comptroller, Registrar, IT, etc.)
- Oversight in the collection, organization, and maintenance of documentation related to the MAC and cadets involved in the programs, including academic performance
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director
- Bachelors degree
- At least two years of full-time professional work experience in an office setting Experience in providing logistical and programmatic coordination for one or more departments
- Strong technology skills to include Microsoft Office, relation data-based software (such as Access, Datatel, PostView, and Entrinsik) and website management software
- Supervisory experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be attentive to details and well-organized
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Ability to work occasional evenings and Saturdays based on program and departmental needs
- Masters degree preferred
- Work experience in an academic support department at a two-year or four-year institution of higher education
- Supervisory experience
- Technically literate with strong attention to details
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. Competitive starting annual salary is based on qualifications and experience. Candidates must apply on-line at: https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=189366
Include a letter of interest describing aspects of your background that make you well-suited for the position, a resume, and the names, titles, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. Review of applications will begin on June 26, 2014 but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
VMI is a nationally ranked public, undergraduate liberal arts college offering majors and minors in engineering, the sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Professional staff members wear a military uniform and observe military customs and courtesies, but prior military experience is not required. Enrolling approximately 1,450 cadets, VMI is located in Lexington, Virginia, in the historic Shenandoah Valley. For more information about VMI, please visit our Web site at http://www.vmi.edu.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply.