Temporary Full-Time Student Success and Reference Librarian (Instructor, Fall 2014 - Spring 2015)
Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Pennsylvania
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 29, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The IUP Libraries invites applications for a one-year, full-time temporary faculty librarian, starting in August 2014, who will serve as the Student Success Librarian. The main focus of this full-time temporary faculty librarian position is to provide marketing, social media and reference support to university students, faculty, and staff. Based on her/his skill set and the needs of the library, the incumbent will serve on library committees and taskforces and may be assigned additional library responsibilities including collection development and information literacy instruction.
Candidates must hold a Masters Degree in Library Science from an A.L.A. accredited program (2nd masters or doctorate in relevant field highly desirable) and have excellent customer service orientation and skills, knowledge and expertise with relevant reference databases and resources, and a high level of comfort and proficiency with technology. As part of a successful on-campus interview process, selected candidates will be expected to provide a demonstration of the above and evidence of understanding diverse undergraduate populations. Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well during all levels of the interview process.
- A MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution at time of appointment
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- experience with the professional use of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and supporting applications
- experience with student success and/or marketing programs in an academic library
- prior employment as a librarian in a college or university library
- familiarity with current bibliographic tools in print and digital format, as well as core reference resources
- experience working collaboratively
- experience teaching information literacy to undergraduates
- reference work experience
- collection development experience
- experience working with culturally diverse library patrons
Salary and Benefits: The salary for this nine month position is $46,609.53 with an excellent benefits package including full tuition waiver at Indiana University and other universities in the State System.
How to Apply
Application procedure: All candidates must apply online at www.iup.edu/employment. Full consideration will be given to applications received by June 25, 2014, and will continue until position is filled. Materials submitted in other formats including paper applications will not be considered. For an application to be considered complete, candidates must submit a letter of application, curriculum vita, names and contact information for three references, and unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official required if granted an on-campus interview). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Complete job descriptions are available on the university website. Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V. Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.