CLINICAL TEACHING IN LOGISTICS
Arizona State University in Arizona
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 27, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Department of Supply Chain Management (SCM) in the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University (ASU) is seeking to fill a clinical teaching position in Logistics starting in Fall, 2014. The SCM Department is ranked in the top 5 in the United States at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and graduates approximately 250 undergraduates and 30-40 MBAs per year, as well as 1 to 3 Ph.D.s. The ASU SCM faculty includes over 20 tenured, tenure track, and clinical professors, among the largest in the United States.
The position is for a logistics professional who can teach both analytical and managerial classes covering issues such as customer service, transportation and warehousing operations, location models, import/export logistics, logistics in retail operations, information management and logistics, sustainable and humanitarian logistics, etc. Our ideal candidate will have a terminal degree in supply chain management, operations management, and/or logistics management as well as relevant experience in the field of logistics and supply chain management. We envision this position being responsible for both qualitative and quantitative instruction as appropriate in a world-class logistics program.
The position involves teaching up to 8 sections per year in both of the new BA - Global Logistics and MS - Global Logistics programs (at the ASU West Campus) as well as other programs in the Department of Supply Chain Management, as necessary. We are particularly interested in candidates who will take an active role in shaping curricula for the Global Logistics programs and participating in ongoing relationships with Phoenix-area, United States, and global logistics leaders. Departmental service is also part of the duties of this position.
The Supply Chain Management Departments (SCM) undergraduate and graduate programs are both ranked most recently by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in the nation, respectively. SCM faculty members are globally recognized for their expertise in procurement, supply management, operations management, logistics, and supply chain performance optimization.
W. P. Carey School of Business. The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is a comprehensive school of business offering nationally and internationally ranked undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs. The Undergraduate Program, which houses one of the countrys few stand-alone business honors programs, includes seven majors ranked among the top 30 according to U.S. News & World Report. The W. P. Carey MBA has also been ranked in the top 30 for the past four years by U.S. News & World Report. With over 200 tenure-track faculty, the W. P. Carey School is a research leader that is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education and is highly regarded for its renowned faculty and their research productivity.
1) Terminal Degree in a related field (Ph. D. preferred)
2) Experience in one or more positions involving logistics activities such as planning, inventory control, transportation, warehousing, import/export operations, etc.
3) Evidence of leadership and institutional involvement in the supply chain management profession
4) Demonstrated capability of activities that lead to high impact in industry, especially in corporate settings
1) Prior teaching experience at the college/university level
2) Documented experience with logistics information technology applications
3) Demonstrated administrative experience
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty community.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents via email to Yahaira.Hernandez@asu.edu in PDF format:
1) A letter indicating teaching and research interests
2) Current curriculum vita
3) Names and contact information of three references
Applications will be reviewed beginning June 27, 2014 and monthly thereafter. A background check is required prior to employment.
For further information about the positions, please contact Recruiting Chair:
Dr. Arnold Maltz Arnie.Maltz@asu.edu 480-965-9768
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to Yahaira.Hernandez@asu.edu
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.