Director of Marketing for Student Affairs Operations-100783
Carnegie Mellon University
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2014|
Carnegie Mellon University invites applications for the position of Director of Marketing within the Division of Student Affairs. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs for Operations, the Director of Marketing serves as an integral member of the Student Affairs Operations Leadership Team. This position works independently to develop and implement marketing strategies and initiatives for Conference & Event Services, Dining Services, Housing Services, and the Cohon University Center. Primary responsibilities for this role include, 1) assessing the current and future marketing needs for each of the units; 2) developing marketing initiatives along with strategies and budgets; 3) creative responsibility for the design and creation of marketing and print campaign materials, including oversight of website content and social media; and 4) conducting market research and assessing overall program effectiveness. Additionally, this position serves as an ambassador for Student Affairs Operations programs, and partners with the Operations Leadership team in the planning and execution of University events and other initiatives, i.e., Orientation, Taste of the Tartans, Homecoming, and Carnival, as directed by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs for Operations.
Required of the successful candidate is a bachelors degree in marketing, business administration or a related field, with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a marketing capacity. A masters degree coupled with higher education experience is preferred. Skills required of the successful candidate include: Demonstrated business acumen; exceptional written and communication skills; a proven portfolio illustrating successful branding and marketing campaigns.
Priority consideration will be given for applications received by June 13, 2014. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. Visit Careers@CarnegieMellon: www.cmu.edu/jobs to apply for Posting # 100783. Application materials should include a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for five references (including name, title, address, phone number, and email address).
Carnegie Mellon is a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 95,000 alumni, and 5,000 faculty and staff. Recognized for its world-class arts and technology programs, collaboration across disciplines, and innovative leadership of education in the fields of Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Public Policy & Information Systems, and Science, Carnegie Mellon is consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the United States. For more information about Carnegie Mellon University, visit our website at http://www.cmu.edu.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women and other under-served groups are encouraged to apply.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field.
- Licenses: None.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in marketing or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of advertising and various media outlets.
- Ability to assess needs and develop marketing strategies
- Ability to develop budgets and manage projects from beginning to end
- Project management skills required
- Demonstrated understanding of how print, design and video elements build a brand or message
- Must be able to work with a variety of clients with different program goals
- Physical Mobility: Ability to travel on and off campus.
- Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
- Mental: Must be able to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines; manage multiple and concurrent projects; deal with difficult situations, people and frequent interruptions.
- Other: Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Education: Master's Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Experience: 5 to 7 years experience in marketing to include advertising, branding and marketing project management experience.
TO APPLY: Please visit https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100783
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. CMU makes every effort to provide physical and programmatic access to individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the employment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-2013.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100783