International Student Advisor
Jackson State University in Mississippi
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2014|
The Department of International Programs at Jackson State University invites applications for the International Student Advisor position.
POSITION SUMMARY: The International Student Advisor will provide functional and administrative support in the advisement of international students and visiting scholars on immigration regulations related to F-1 and J-1 visa regulations, and assist faculty and staff with visa-related matters for international travel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Foreign Language, International Education, Higher Education or related field.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
1. Three (3) years experience in a university environment working with international students on F-1 and J-1 visas.
2. Knowledge of immigration regulations that apply to this population or equivalent combination of training and experience.
3. Must be able to meet the Department of Homeland Security eligibility requirements to be a Designated School Official which include being a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
1. Previous experience as a Designated School Official (PDSO/DSO) or a Responsible Officer/Assistant Responsible Officer (RO/ARO).
2. Knowledge and skill interpreting and applying immigration-related laws, regulations, and procedures with respect to applications and petitions filed by the college.
3. Second language ability and/or experience with populations whose first language is not English.
4. Experience living or working abroad or working with international populations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants can view the full job description and apply online at: https://jsums.peopleadmin.com/
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://jsums.peopleadmin.com