Academic Site Director for the Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program (Florida)
Utica College in New York
|Date Posted||May 23, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Academic Director for the Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program is a member of the Utica College Department of Nursing who works closely with the faculty and support staff to oversee the quality and delivery of the academic program at the site. The Academic Director ensures that policies and procedures are followed concerning students enrolled in the program and, in consultation with the departmental faculty and the Executive Associate Dean, will have control over all curricular and instructional matters at the site.
Assures efficient and effective management, implementation, updating and evaluation of the approved curriculum at the site. Oversees the integration of all aspects of instruction.
Ensures the validity and reliability of all student assessment and evaluation processes.
Conducts annual review of programmatic policies in collaboration with the Nursing faculty and team members at the site.
In collaboration with the nursing faculty establishes the criteria for and hiring of all instructional staff and approves all hires. Projects staffing needs. Recruits, interviews, hires, mentors, and evaluates faculty affiliated with the site. Supervises orientation of staff and new didactic nursing faculty.
Serves as final arbiter in issues related to student and/or faculty conduct related to the educational process.
Communicates all academic and student decisions made by Utica College faculty to inform the activities of the Academic Services Site Manager.
Ensures that all site-associated learning activities are in compliance with curricular, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
Establishes with other nursing faculty the criteria and processes for review of all personnel engaged in teaching including the oversight of systematic reviews and feedback mechanisms.
Serves as the liaison between the site team and the main campus faculty. Participates in all nursing faculty meetings (main campus), School of Health Professions and Education meetings, and Faculty Senate meetings, either in person or via technology.
Collaborates with the Executive Associate Dean and Academic Services Site Manager to develop annual budget projections and participates in grant writing as appropriate.
Effectively represents the program to internal and external constituencies.
Oversees adherence to admissions criteria and the admissions process.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Academic Director has oversight for all instructional personnel.
- Masters in Nursing from an accredited program, doctoral preparation preferred.
- Eligible for Florida state license and agree to secure license within six months of employment.
- Earned Doctorate in Nursing or related field-Preffered.
- Experience in nursing administration essential.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in Nursing.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience in Nursing.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a commitment to high professional standards
- The ability to work effectively as a part of a team
-Commitment to innovation in Nursing education
- Experienced Nurse Educator with expertise in professional development and strategic planning
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong clinical background with analytical ability and administrative expertise
- An understanding of the role of technology as a teaching/learning tool in Nursing education
Utica College is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Utica College considers applicants for all positions on the basis of ability, potential, and valid qualification without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability or any other protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by the law.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/w4xgq3n