Executive Director of CBIZ
Southeastern Community College in Iowa
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Southeastern Community College, which is located on the Mississippi River in Southeast Iowa, is seeking an Executive Director of CBIZ position.
BEGINNING DATE: July 2014
REPORTS TO: President
ABOUT THE POSITION: The CBIZ Executive Director shall establish vision and provide leadership to the Center for Business. The Executive Director shall insure that there is an annual and long term plan developed for the Center which will promote the programmatic and financial success of the operation. The Executive Director will hire and manage a team of staff to accomplish the goals established for the Center. The Executive Director will perform a vital function of liaison among SCC, CBIZ and the business community.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Significant experience required (minimum of 3-5 years) in leading a team of individuals in the successful achievement of organizational goals. Must include experience in hiring, supervising and evaluating staff.
- Successful experience in working with private sector business and industry representatives in mutually beneficial pursuits. This may include time spent working directly in the private sector or time spent working for an organization that served the private sector.
- Ability to identify needed action without continual direction.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn and develop competency in SCCs Administrative Software (Datatel).
- For more information pertaining to qualifications and responsibilities, see the position description.
CONDITIONS: This position is a full-time position (261-day contract); salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, with a minimum salary of $70,000.00. Benefits include single ($500 deductible) medical, dental & vision insurance, $50,000 life insurance, long-term disability, paid sick leave, 15 days vacation and participation in IPERS or TIAA-CREF retirement plan.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Complete applications will include 1) SCC employment application, 2) application questions 3) cover letter, 4) résumé, and 5) copies of transcripts for all colleges/universities attended (official transcripts required when hired).
Refer to our SCC website, at http://www.scciowa.edu/scripts/information/employment/jobdescription.asp for a complete application packet as well as more information about this position.
The application packet should be returned to Human Resources:
Southeastern Community College
1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington, IA 52655
SoutheasternCommunity College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.