Instructional Technology Specialist
University of Connecticut Health Center - UCONN in Connecticut
|Date Posted||May 21, 2014|
Department: Office of the CIO
This position is accountable for supporting, managing and developing educational materials for Faculty Instructional Technology Services (FITS).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
In-depth knowledge of and experience in online instructional development; proficiency with Microsoft office products; standard web technologies, languages and authoring tools, graphic/multimedia development tools; knowledge and experience with distributive course management systems; excellent knowledge and ability to apply project management skills and techniques; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate faculty and students; ability to communicate effectively (oral and written); ability to problem solve while assisting a variety of users; knowledge of laws, regulations or guidelines applicable to information technology/education technology.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Seven (7) years experience in programming/development with special emphasis on educational technology, web development, authoring programs and systems troubleshooting.
Any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in the operation of a Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Substantial experience with web development tools in support of educational technology including: HTML, CSS, and Scripting Languages
- Microsoft SQL query/reporting experience
- Experience with various educational technology platforms including various assessment toolsets.
- Ability to support laptops and mobile devices, including the use of standard desktop imaging tools
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a related field
- Ability to research and implement new technologies in support of the curriculum
- Some experience implementing active learning concepts in support of the flipped classroom and online learning
- Familiarity and experience in developing mobile applications using .NET toolkit
- Development experience using Adobe ColdFusion
- Willingness to serve on advisory committees as needed
- Experience with Questionmark Perception and related assessment toolsets, the Aperio ePathology system, and the BodyViz and Anatomage anatomy visualization tools, among others.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects, work independently as well as collaboratively and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of AAMC and ADA guidelines in support of the schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Coordinates daily functions for the department including troubleshooting and maintaining hardware, software, networking and user assistance; assists in coordinating activities relative to effective use of hardware/software in education; monitors usage of hardware/software; uses a variety of multimedia and learning technology tools to assist faculty and students in developing and implementing instructionally sound courses; tutorials and presentations; develops and leads workshops for faculty and students relating to the use of development software tools; serves as expert resources for complex educational applications and track trends in technology; project manager/team leader as needed; continues to introduce and implement emerging educational technologies, assisting faculty with its development; works collaboratively with other UCHC departments to provide appropriate curricular support; maintains technological knowledge by keeping current with changing technologies; performs all duties of Academic Computing Specialists and other related duties as required.
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm with a 30 minute unpaid mealbreak
Full Time Equivalent Minimum Salary: To be determined
Application Instructions: Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements please apply to: https://jobs.uchc.edu and reference search code 2014-1041. Cover letter, resume and references may be uploaded at the time you apply on-line.
University of Connecticut Health Center
16 Munson Road
Farmington, CT 06032
The University of Connecticut Health Center is an affirmative action employer in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PwD employer.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/9yj6mx7