Director of Prospect Research
Thiel College in Pennsylvania
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Thiel College, a private and co-educational liberal arts institution located in Greenville, PA, seeks motivated and qualified applicants for the position of Director of Prospect Research. The Director of Prospect Research, reporting to the Vice President of College Advancement, is primarily responsible for coordination and production of information on prospects and donors to the college, for tracking cultivation and solicitation progress and for prospect identification, as well as for all data extraction, analysis and synthesis related to advancement efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research financial and biographical information on individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
- Participate in departmental meetings, college committees and professional development as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS
- Bachelors degree required (preferably in Liberal Arts, Library Science or English).
- Demonstrated experience in research, development, writing and/or editing either in an advancement or other research setting.
- Knowledge of donor databases and ability to access commercial databases.
- Internet fluency.
- Understanding and appreciation of private higher education in the liberal arts tradition.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable character and discretion, capable of working with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Knowledge of philanthropic principles and fundraising practices.
- Ability to work with confidential donor databases (CRM), spreadsheets, and word processing programs.
- Ability to analyze various data to make informed decisions.
- An intuitive self-starter, who is dependable and able to fulfill initiatives within the context of the colleges Advancement program.
- Possess a positive outlook, capable of prioritizing and working in a team environment.
Email letter of interest, resumé, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or send application materials to: Jennifer Clark, Associate Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.
Visit www.thiel.edu for more information about Thiel College. Thiel College is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity among its faculty and staff. Qualified minority applicants are encouraged to respond.