Director, Gender and Sexuality Center/Title IX Deputy for Sexual Violence Prevention
Carleton College in Minnesota
|Date Posted||May 15, 2014|
Carleton College, in Northfield, Minnesota, seeks a Director who is responsible for the oversight and assessment of a comprehensive student life program on issues of gender and sexuality, including LGBT student support, sexual violence prevention, sexual health and healthy relationship education, and related programs. The Director is a member of the College Title IX Lead Team (a collaborative staff team that works to coordinate sexual misconduct response, prevention and adjudication) and has specific leadership responsibilities for campus-wide sexual violence prevention and healthy relationship programming.
The Director also leads the Gender and Sexuality Center (GSC) with a mission to create a dynamic campus community that supports and celebrates sexual and gender diversity and promotes healthy and safe relationships. This is a 12-month, full-time position that has weekend and evening commitments.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Campus Programming and Student Development
- Provide vision and leadership in the development, implementation, and assessment of a variety of events and programs, based on co-curricular goals, to encourage thoughtful discussion, individual growth, and community building on issues related to gender and sexuality
- Work collaboratively with other departments and student organizations to address continuing and emerging campus needs
- Coordinate new student week sexual violence prevention and healthy relationships programs for all new students
Advising & Supervision
- Supervise one full-time Assistant Director and approximately 12 peer leaders.
- Assist all staff with their professional development needs
- Oversee the selection, training, professional development, and supervision of GSC Associates (office peer leaders), and 2 House Managers (Womens Awareness House and Queers and Allies House)
- Masters Degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, counseling, or related field and a minimum of seven years (post masters degree) relevant experience
- Understanding of student development theory and current issues in the field of Student Affairs
- Understanding of the issues related to gender and sexuality identity development, LGBT student support, and institutional climate for LGBT students, faculty, and staff
- Understanding of issues related to Title IX, campus sexual violence prevention, response, and adjudication
- Experience managing issues related to gender and sexuality related issues at a private, highly-selective, residential, liberal arts college
- Has experience with professional organizations such as the National Consortium of LGBT Higher Education Professionals, BAACHUS, ASCA, ACPA, and/or NASPA
For a complete job description, please visit http://bit.ly/Dir-GSC-SVP.
Located in Northfield, Minnesota, Carleton College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, veteran status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or age in providing employment or access to its educational facilities and activities.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/x7cn2pt