Information Systems Instructor, fixed-term non-probationary
St. Cloud State University in Minnesota
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
|Salary: AACSB-competitive based on qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment: August 20, 2014
The Department of Information Systems at St. Cloud State University has one fixed-term position available to teach Information Systems, Information Assurance, and business statistics courses as needed. This is a full time, 1 year position, possibly renewable.
Teach undergraduate and graduate information system courses and contribute to achievement of department goals which include:
* providing an effective learning environment for students,
* contributing to college curriculum and program development and enhancement,
* contributing to student growth and development such as student advising,
* continuing development of professional knowledge and skills in Information Systems,
* serving on committees at the department, school, and university levels.
* assisting the school in maintaining AACSB International accreditation.
1. Masters degree in Management Information Systems or Information Assurance, or related field from a nationally or regionally accredited academic program completed in a campus-based classroom program.
2. Information Systems or Information Assurance related experience in teaching or business.
3. Be able to teach courses in areas the department needs such as intro to IS, app. program development, and human computer interactions.
4. Ability to teach and work effectively with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds, including students, departmental colleagues and others in the university and business community as demonstrated by past experience or collaborative projects
1. Ph. D degree in Management Information Systems or Information Assurance, or related field from an AACSB accredited academic program.
2. Demonstrated teaching proficiency in professional and/or academic settings
3. Willingness to contribute to student growth and development.
On its campus along the Mississippi River 70 miles northwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul, St. Cloud State University is a community of 16,000 students participating in challenging academic experiences and vibrant campus life. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better taking knowledge out of the classroom and into the community and the global workplace to make an impact. St. Cloud State has built its identity around four learning commitments essential to a well-rounded education: active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement a rigorous academic structure offering more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 240 student organizations. Now Minnesotas second largest university, St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelors degrees were first offered in 1925 and masters degrees in 1957. In 1975 the institution became St. Cloud State University, and in 2005 state universities were authorized to offer doctoral programs in applied fields of study. Doctorate of Education in Higher Education Administration and Doctorate of Education in Educational Administration and Leadership programs are offered at St. Cloud State, which is the largest of 31 institutions within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from 82 countries.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this NEOGOV website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Applications must be submitted online via NEOGOV, as directed, above.
A complete application will include the following: (1) a letter of application, (2) curriculum vita, (3) complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts (copies acceptable for initial screening), and (4) the names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of three current professional references who can speak to the candidates qualifications for the position.
Review of applications begins June 2, 2014; positions are open until filled.
Department Info: www.stcloudstate.edu/is
Dr. Jim Q. Chen, Search Committee Chair, Department of Information Systems
Herberger Business School, St. Cloud State University
Phone (320) 308-4882; Email: Jchen@stcloudstate.edu
SCSU is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities. SCSU is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm