Georgia Institute of Technology in Georgia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 13, 2014|
Job Purpose: Plan, develop and implement communications and promotional strategies and programs that optimize the visibility of a college, school or department. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Develop ideas and concepts for publication.
- Write articles and newsletters, produce graphics and fact sheets; manage web pages.
- Direct promotional events and special projects.
- Attend workshops, events, lectures, etc. relating to the communications field.
- May assist with promotion of fundraising efforts.
- May manage the communications budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires professional level writing and editing skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and time management ability. Use of office and specialized computer applications is required.
- Preferred Work Experience:
- Experience managing people
- Experience in higher education environment
- Work related experience in journalism/news
- Preferred Skills:
- Superior writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Superior judgment regarding news value and story structure
- Comfortable writing in a variety of styles and for a variety of media
- Proficient with Adobe Design Suite
- Working knowledge of Drupal highly desirable
- Photography and video skills a plus
- Ongoing support for the Institute campus calendar
- Creation of an online toolkit to serve as a communications resource for colleagues on campus
- Support for crisis communications
- Creation of an advisory or working committee to inform needs and direction, generate content and coordinate campus communications activities.
Please attach a writing sample with your resume.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: faculty, staff, students, alumni, outside vendors, internal and external media contacts, alumni. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit leadership, faculty, staff and students. This position will supervise: administrative/technical staff.
Department Description: Georgia Tech Institute Communications provides professional communications and marketing services for campus clients in the areas of Web design/development/management, marketing and communications planning, market research, brand management, media relations, creative design services, campaign communications, internal communications, event planning, and licensing management. Visit our web site for additional information at http://www.gatech.edu/comm.
Job: Communications Manager
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Institute Communications
Hiring Range: N/A
Interested candidates can apply online at:
Please search for Requisition ID # 0169821