Associate Dean, College of Continuing Education
California State University, Sacramento
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
The California State University, Sacramento invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean, College of Continuing Education.
CAMPUS AND COLLEGE INFORMATION
Sacramento State (California State University, Sacramento) is located in the heart of Northern California, on a 300-acre campus, just five miles from the State Capitol. The University enrolls approximately 27,500 students, offers bachelor's degrees in 58 disciplines, master's degree in 41 disciplines, and two independent doctoral degrees and one joint doctoral degree. Sacramento is a high-growth metropolitan area with a diverse population of approximately 2 million. As a major metropolitan university, Sacramento State is committed to providing leadership in addressing significant regional needs and its College of Continuing Education serves adult learners and the workforce needs of the region.
The College of Continuing Education (CCE) administers programs, courses, workshops, seminars, and conferences, serving the educational needs of:
- adult learners and professionals who seek to complete their degree, earn advanced degrees or certificates for career advancement or transition;
- public and private organizations who seek to develop their workforce or need conference and training services;
- international students; and
- the community, all in support of the mission of Sacramento State
The Associate Dean of CCE is a full-time management position (MPP III). Under the general supervision of the CCE Dean, the Associate Dean will provide leadership to units involved with developing and delivering programs and with program support functions. The Associate Dean helps to develop and maintain a robust portfolio of programs that meet the needs of the local community and the work force needs of the State. The Associate Dean also helps to ensure fiscal stability and allocation of resources, in addition to the long-range strategic plan.
In collaboration with the Dean, the Associate Dean is responsible for a budget of $ 28 million, providing innovative leadership and effective management of the programs, finances, operations, marketing, and human resources of the College. The Associate Dean will represent CCE internally at Sacramento State, in the local community and internationally. This position will be responsible for developing external relationships and community partners, ensuring the quality of our successful existing programs, and developing new programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Execution: set and implement the strategy of the college; develop new programs with college and community partners; direct selected major areas of the college; and participate in the financial management.
Management of Programs: collaborate with other Colleges to develop a broad portfolio of degree and non-degree offerings; oversee program offerings and student relations; develop innovative programming and training for public and private client organizations; develop collaboration with campus and partners.
Management of Business and Student Services: oversee finance and business operations; direct marketing, recruiting and students services; and develop alumni outreach.
Management of Staff: direct college leaders who are responsible for business, student affairs and program areas; oversee long term skills assessment and professional development of program staff; develop integrated data management solutions; and represent CCE internally and externally.
Organizational Accountability: professionally represent CCE and Sacramento State by adhering to professional work standards, image, attendance, and productivity; and contribute to committees, work groups, and/or task force teams at the college, university or system level; participate in organizational activities that support the development and implementation of various projects including specialized activities identified by the dean, Academic Affairs, the University President, or the Chancellor's Office; attend association meetings or training sessions as a representative of CCE and serve on appropriate boards and commission in the community; actively participate and contribute to the profession of continuing education through presentations, publications, and service.
- 8+ years of experience in program development and/or program management.
- Progressively increasing responsibility in managing and leading teams.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic planning, change management, and delivery of education/ training programs or the corporate equivalent.
- Experience in creating and managing a multi-million dollar budget in a self-support financial environment.
- Experience in the successful integration, execution, and evaluation of marketing plans and initiatives.
- Commitment to providing accessible, quality education through innovative and entrepreneurial approaches.
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Masters degree from an accredited university.
- Successful leadership experience in a self-support academic setting.
- Experience in continuing education or other self-support setting.
- Understanding of current practices and trends in continuing higher education.
- Experience developing and managing partnerships within and outside the university.
- Doctorate from an accredited university.
Priority review of applications will begin Monday, June 9, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
For a complete job posting and to apply, please visit the Sacramento State jobs website located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment. Job Opening ID# 101052.
Sacramento State is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.