Director, Academic Administrative Technologies (Student Information Systems)
Yale University in Connecticut
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2014|
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Reporting to the Associate CIO for Campus Community Technologies in the Information Technology Services Division, the Director of Academic Administrative Technologies builds a strong team of professionals who deliver innovative solutions and services to Yales academic community. This role will partner with a broad set of students, faculty and staff across campus to develop and execute technology solutions to advance Yale technology strategic goals and objectives with a special focus on systems that support the needs of students and faculty.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader who is enthusiastic about transforming and modernizing the online experience of faculty, students and staff. The successful candidate will participate in a Workday implementation and design partnership as well as help lead Salesforce and other cloud implementations. Establishes and nurtures trusted relationships with senior decision-making clients and IT leadership. Understands and structures client demand for IT services across the spectrum, from large scale implementations and projects to core application maintenance. Orchestrates tactical applications support break/fix, small enhancements and maintenance. Creates and maintains a clear, prioritized portfolio of IT projects. As part of an annual planning process, develops long-term and annual technology roadmaps that align Yales, the clients and ITSs goals and strategies. Identifies and proposes solutions to meet the organization's needs, supporting community objectives with appropriate technologies aligned with Yales architectural direction. Coaches staff and enables them to articulate technology needs and requirements to will advance Yales technology environments. Establishes and maintains credibility with our clients for ITS services.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and ten years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven understanding of administrative systems & application lifecycle management of the software development lifecycle. Strong knowledge & understanding of service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, data architecture, web technologies, social media &mobile platforms. Ellucian Banner required.
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet multiple, competing responsibilities and to lead others to do the same. Ability to see the big picture and translate to workable tasks.
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills, excellent consensus-building, negotiating, mediation and leadership skills. Proven ability to build and maintain influence and trust. Ability to quickly establish rapport and communicate value while also maintaining flexibility.
- Proven experience leading teams in contemporary development practices including agile methodologies, user interface design and responsive design.
- Proven ability to facilitate and act as a catalyst for change and build a shared vision with others. Ability to consistently model desired organizational values and behaviors. Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree and 10 years experience with institution-scale student and faculty information systems. Experience in higher education. Advanced degree. Salesforce, Ruby, Groovy, Java experience.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 25279BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individuals sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.yale.edu/jobs