Information Technology - Network and Systems Administrator
St. Lawrence University in New York
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 9, 2014|
The Network and Systems Administrator is a member of the network and server team within the Information Technology Division. Responsibilities include the installation and maintenance of network and systems infrastructure, operating systems, software, user account maintenance as well as contributing to the overall Information Technology team effort. The position requires adaptability, teamwork, organization and troubleshooting skills as well as a strong commitment to customer service. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required as well as regular off-hours maintenance.
- Report to Manager, Server Technology with latitude for independent initiative and judgment.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, tuning and monitoring network operating systems and services running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows Server and Client Editions, Mac OS X, Junos, PAN-OS, VMware and other UNIX variants.
- Responsible for implementing and operating server related software that may include but is not limited to; Samba, LDAP, MySQL, MS SQL Servers, Apache, IIS, Microsoft Server stack.
- Responsible for implementing and operating network infrastructure that may include but is not limited to; Juniper switches and routers, Palo Alto Security appliances, Aruba wireless controllers and access points.
- Participate in and/or lead the management and maintenance of the Microsoft Active Directory domain, Exchange and Lync unified communications environment.
- Participate in and/or lead network, server, mainframe, storage and telecom hardware implementation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provide high level, tier 3, support for network services and protocols.
- Participate in daily operating procedures to include: backup and restore of systems data, log file analysis, systems monitoring and preventative maintenance.
- Assist with developing and maintaining scripts in perl, shell, php, PowerShell, VBscript as well as other scripting languages to support operating procedures and user interfaces.
- Create new and update existing documentation of services and procedures.
- Ability to implement a project from beginning to end while managing scope and timeline.
- Provide systems related support to and assist client services in the support of campus users.
- Ability to develop positive and productive working relationships.
- Superior communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to act with initiative, tact and maturity.
- Ability to identify and address client needs.
- Patience in dealing with people of differing abilities and backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while providing consistent and reliable results.
- Energetic and motivated team player that can work well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software associated with performing in this position.
- Willingness to maintain and update own technology knowledge to remain current in this position.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- Bachelors degree with 4 years of experience in information technology. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education or relevant technology certification(s) and experience will be considered.
- System level familiarity with Windows, Linux or Macintosh operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Expertise in data networking and network services.
- Experience in network and systems infrastructure planning.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to lift and carry computers or related equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Strong professional ethics and commitment to security and confidentiality.
Preferred Professional Requirements:
- Bachelors degree and more than 4 years of experience with Information technology in an academic environment is preferred.
- Expertise with any of the following; Exchange/Lync 2010, MSSQL, LAMP, SharePoint, Drupal, Symantec NetBackup, Juniper EX service, Aruba, Palo Alto, IBM server hardware platforms, server/desktop virtualization or SAN storage devices,
- Experience with programming or scripting languages.
- 2 years of experience in systems administration.
- Project management Experience.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the special instructions to applicant section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Located in Canton, N.Y., St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://employment.stlawu.edu/