Academic Director for the Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program
Utica College in New York
|Date Posted||May 9, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
The Academic Director for the Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program is a member of the Utica College Department of Nursing who works closely with the faculty and support staff to oversee the quality and delivery of the academic program at the site. The Academic Director ensures that policies and procedures are followed concerning students enrolled in the program and, in consultation with the departmental faculty and the Executive Associate Dean, will have control over all curricular and instructional matters at the site.
-Assures efficient and effective management, implementation, updating and evaluation of the approved curriculum at the site. Oversees the integration of all aspects of instruction.
-Ensures the validity and reliability of all student assessment and evaluation processes.
-Conducts annual review of programmatic policies in collaboration with the Nursing faculty and team members at the site.
-In collaboration with the nursing faculty establishes the criteria for and hiring of all instructional staff and approves all hires. Projects staffing needs. Recruits, interviews, hires, mentors, and evaluates faculty affiliated with the site. Supervises orientation of staff and new didactic nursing faculty.
-Serves as final arbiter in issues related to student and/or faculty conduct related to the educational process.
-Communicates all academic and student decisions made by Utica College faculty to inform the activities of the Academic Services Site Manager.
-Ensures that all site-associated learning activities are in compliance with curricular, accreditation, and regulatory standards.
-Establishes with other nursing faculty the criteria and processes for review of all personnel engaged in teaching including the oversight of systematic reviews and feedback mechanisms.
-Serves as the liaison between the site team and the main campus faculty. Participates in all nursing faculty meetings (main campus), School of Health Professions and Education meetings, and Faculty Senate meetings, either in person or via technology.
-Collaborates with the Executive Associate Dean and Academic Services Site Manager to develop annual budget projections and participates in grant writing as appropriate.
-Effectively represents the program to internal and external constituencies.
-Oversees adherence to admissions criteria and the admissions process.
-Performs other related duties as assigned
The Academic Director has oversight for all instructional personnel.
- Masters in Nursing from an accredited program, doctoral preparation preferred.
- Eligible for NYS License and agree to secure license within six months of employment.
- Earned Doctorate in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience in nursing administration essential.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in Nursing.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience in Nursing.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a commitment to high professional standards, that inspires innovation in nursing education.
- Experienced nursing educator with expertise in professional development and strategic planning.
- Excellence in teamwork, communication and organizational skills.
- Sound clinical background, analytical ability and administrative focus are required.
- High level of proficiency in technology as a teaching/learning tool in nursing education.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/kg45p69