UCF College of Medicine in Florida
|Date Posted||May 8, 2014|
The Interprofessional Education Module Coordinator at the UCF College of Medicine is responsible for managing the interprofessional education (IPE) initiative component at the College of Medicine (COM). The incumbent will help support and ensure the integration of interprofessional health education and learning among the participating colleges, including the UCF Colleges of Medicine and Nursing and the University of Florida College of Pharmacy-Orlando (UF-COP). Reports to the IPE Head of Department (Administrator).
• Work as part of a team to help create, implement , and evaluate the interprofessional education initiative for students at the UCF Colleges of Medicine and Nursing, and the University of Florida (UF) School of Pharmacy – Orlando Branch
• Assist with creating, coordinating, promoting and conducting interprofessional education experiences across multiple colleges, teams, and venues
• Assist with development and organization of instructional content and presentation materials employing PowerPoint, Articulate Presenter and/or LabTutor. Serve as a point person for COM students and faculty participating inIPE programs, as well as a liaison to other colleges and departments
• Oversee the development and maintenance of an IPE web site
• Assist with IPE faculty development
• Assists with coordination of interprofessional committees
• Interpret rules, policies and procedures governing office operations
• Work with Academic Support Services to communicate any student-related matters
• Coordinate with Library Services director to incorporate health informatics resources
• Works closely with the medical director of IPE to assist in the accomplishment of additional duties
• Assists with developing structure and model for Interprofessional Education
• Assists with scholarly research, grant writing and presentations at conferences
• Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism and judgment to actively encourage cohesiveness within the inter-professional team
• Demonstrates sensitivity towards individuals exposed to potentially high stress situations in the learning environment and recognizing privacy and confidentiality issues
• Participates in regular department meetings and conference presentations and research projects as appropriate
• Prepares regular reports on the progress and outcomes of Interprofessional Education for internal review and to meet the requirements of the university and external entities
• Other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Ability to interpret state-university and college policies and procedures.
-Ability to manage the development and implementation of new internal policies and procedures and interpret these to all pertinent parties.
-High level of contact with UCF faculty, students, staff, affiliated/volunteer faculty, constituents, vendors and other state and local agencies.
-Ability to be FERPA and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) trained.
-Exceptional organization and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
-Strong computer skills in data management, word processing, and spreadsheet.
-Experience in higher education.
-Computer skills including Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft and course development applications.
-Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
-Excellent communication (oral and written), customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with students in an advising capacity as well as faculty.
-High level of autonomy in carrying out job duties and minimal supervision required.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/d8g3ftf