Michigan State University in Michigan
|Date Posted||May 8, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
College of Music
Announcement of Faculty Position in Vocal Coaching
Beginning Fall 2014
- Provide regular coaching to undergraduate and graduate voice majors
- Teach vocal literature courses in areas of expertise
- Assist with musical preparation of opera productions
- Masters degree and/or commensurate experience at a professional level
- Evidence of successful vocal coaching experience at a professional level
- Proficiency in Italian, German, and French, with fluency in at least one language desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills
- Rank at the instructor level
- Position is available August 16, 2014
To apply, please visit the MSU job postings website: www.jobs.msu.edu and select posting # 9428 in the faculty/academic staff section.
Please provide a letter of application, curriculum vitae, list of references, copies of transcripts, video recording of one or more recent coachings (15-20 minutes), and three recent letters of recommendation reflecting criteria listed in job description. Directions for submitting this material will be found on the MSU job postings website listed above.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS:
May 20, 2014
Applications will be reviewed continuously and will be accepted until the position is filled.
With 70 full-time faculty members, the Michigan State University College of Music serves approximately 650 majors and offers a comprehensive range of degree programs from baccalaureate through the doctorate. For more information about the College, please visit our website at www.music.msu.edu
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://www.Click2Apply.net/4ghcvgn