Assistant Director of Residence Life
Northern Arizona University in Arizona
|Deadline||May 30, 2014|
|Date Posted||May 7, 2014|
The Assistant Director of Residence Life plays an integral role in the leadership, direction, and vision of Housing and Residence Life at Northern Arizona University. The Assistant Director is pivotal in working collaboratively with Housing and Residence Life staff to fully enact the departments mission statement: To provide welcoming vibrant communities that foster personal growth and enhance the student experience.
As a departmental leader, the Assistant Director of Residence Life provides guidance, support, and supervision of an educational area of three or more buildings/complexes housing 1500 to 2000 students. The Assistant Director contributes to and helps develop a robust residential program for on-campus students. Housing and Residence Life at NAU is committed to the total development of the student within an inclusive community through community standards, community experiences, intentional conversations, and encouraged personal growth and academic success.
An ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated incorporation of the following Housing and Residence Life values in to their professional practice: learning, integrity, student-centered, inclusive-communities, and attitude-of-service. This position reports to the Associate Director of Residence Life, Hall Staffing and Programs.
- Masters Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or related field required
- Four years of full-time (post-Masters) experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities in housing and residence life or related student affairs position
- Experience supervising full-time staff
- Demonstrated initiative in staffing and program development
- Skills and advanced practice in responding to campus-based emergencies and crisis situations
- Experience and professional training in addressing student behavioral concerns and student conduct adjudication
- Understanding of facilities management and work with various trades
- Knowledge, background, and experience with a comprehensive housing and residence life program that includes hall staffing and programs, operations, and facilities
The Assistant Director of Residence Life is a full-time, live-off, Service Professional role. The position is exempt and work schedules are influenced by student, staff, and community needs. Work outside of traditional hours may include consultative assistance to staff, attendance at special events and functions, staff training and development participation, and on-call responsibilities.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Careers/