Continuing Education Director
UW Colleges in Wisconsin
|Deadline||May 20, 2014|
|Date Posted||May 6, 2014|
Continuing Education Director
Legal Title: Outreach Program Manager II / P65NM
The University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley invites applications for the Continuing Education Director position at its campus in Menasha, Wisconsin. Reporting directly to the CEO/Dean, the Continuing Education Director plans, coordinates, and directs campus CE programs, both credit and non-credit. To facilitate these services, the Continuing Education Director must assess needs, originate budget, plan, propose, implement, and evaluate CE programs to ensure program success and revenues. These activities include collaborating with faculty, staff, students, administrators, other higher educational institutions, businesses, non-profits, and the general public, to make the campus a focal point as an important provider of educational and cultural activity in the community, by providing an array of programs for professional advancement, youth development, personal enrichment, credit programming including K-12 enrollment programs, domestic and international travel, and continuing education. The Continuing Program Manager is also responsible for executive oversight of the Barlow Planetarium and Weis Earth Science Museum centers, working collaboratively with both to ensure maximized collaboration for program integrity, financial stability, and community visibility.
70% Office of Continuing Education
Provide leadership and manage and administer the Office of Continuing Education to ensure continuity and viability as a cost recovery program.
- Works with the Dean and appropriate UW-Extension staff to design educational experiences of quality to meet academic standards, professionalism and governance, to be offered either as credit or non-credit courses in compliance with UWC, UWEC, and UW system policies.
- Continuously outreach into the community to assess the professional, cultural and academic needs of the community by working with advisory groups including K-12, community agencies, professional organizations and individuals to determine course offerings or enhancements.
- Prepare and manage the budget and annual program plan for campus outreach.
- Direct complete implementation of programming including registration, collection of fees, scheduling of facilities and equipment, submission of all necessary reports and evaluations.
- Work with campus faculty and staff, community professionals, public officials, and the general public to promote CE opportunities.
- Recruit, hire or recommend appointments, supervise and evaluate instructors for CE programming.
- Recruit, hire and supervise campus CE support staff.
- Performs related record-keeping to safeguard and monitor program assets, income and expenses.
- Recommends campus policies and procedures associated with campus CE program development.
25% Barlow Planetarium/Weis Earth Science Museum
Provide executive oversight for the Barlow Planetarium and Weis Earth Science Museum to ensure program growth, administration and collaboration.
- Provide collaborative leadership to assure that programming of the Barlow Planetarium and Weis Earth Science Museum are in alignment with their joint and respective missions and the mission of the campus and UW Colleges.
- Provide leadership in securing/procuring grants, monitor budgets, and collaborating with the Directors to develop, submit, and adhere to annual operational plans and budget to ensure for sound fiscal operations.
- Support the Barlow/Weis Directors with strategic planning and marketing to be innovative and progressive.
- Collaborate with community professionals, educational leaders, the advisory committees, and the general public to promote Barlow/Weis opportunities and outreach.
- Supervise both program Directors and perform annual evaluations
5% Other Duties as Assigned
Perform and/or participate in any/all administrative and/or campus functions as needed by being a proactive colleague within the UW-Fox Valley campus community.
- Perform any/all employee/personnel administrative related duties (supervision, time approval, training, etc.)
- Attend any/all trainings, updates, professional development, seminars as needed in keeping abreast current issues/needs for the position
- Participate in campus governance and campus life as needed/elected/assigned
- Other duties as specified by the Dean
-Bachelors degree in business administration, education or related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
-Demonstrated effective leadership and supervisory experience to effectively strategize and manage programs for success.
-Fiscal and budgetary management experience including responsibility to administer, appropriate and reconcile budget.
-Five (5) years related professional business management experience.
-Educational program development and administration experience.
-Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
-Masters degree in business administration, education or related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
-Project management skills to effectively coordinate projects, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
-Experience working and communicating effectively with diverse constituencies.
-Experience working with issues and developments (current and developing trends) in higher education and/or experience in UW System.
-Experience developing collaborations and maintaining effective relationships.
-Results-oriented, entrepreneurial, and adaptable in successful fiscal planning and management.
Starting salary is $55,406.
UW-Fox Valley is one of 13 University of Wisconsin Colleges campuses. The UW Colleges is the freshman-sophomore liberal arts transfer institution of the world-renowned University of Wisconsin System. The UW Colleges comprises thirteen two-year campuses around the state, plus UWC Online, each of which offers an excellent liberal arts and pre-professional education for students beginning work toward a bachelor's degree. The UW Colleges also offers a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences at six of its campuses Additional information about UWFox can be found at www.uwfox.uwc.edu. Information regarding the Fox Cities community can be found at www.focol.org.
UW Colleges values diversity and inclusion. We define Inclusive Excellence as the intentional engagement of the broadest range of perspectives, backgrounds, needs, experience, and circumstance in order to maximize success. We value diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups, including persons with varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the following: 1) the establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, and 2) a background check.
It is the policy of UW Colleges to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Human Resources whose contact information is listed at the bottom of this announcement.
To Ensure Consideration:
For assured consideration, online application with all required documents must be received by May 20, 2014.
Applicants are required to apply online.
All required application materials must be submitted electronically at the time of application. UW Colleges will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Applicants must complete all required fields and attach all required documents at the time of application. Required application materials: 1) a letter of application that addresses how your education and experience meet each of the required and preferred qualifications for the position, 2) current resume, 3) unofficial transcripts, and 3) names and contact information (e-mail address, phone number, and mailing address) of at least three position-related references.
This position will remain posted until filled. Confidentiality of application can only be honored if requested AND only if the applicant is not deemed a finalist candidate, as defined by Wis.Stat.Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
For questions related to this position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other technical questions or assistance, please contact UW Service Center at (888) 298-4159.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=9723&Po%20stingSeq=1