Assistant Vice President, Physical Facilities Management
Howard University in District of Columbia
|Deadline||June 24, 2014|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Howard University seeks an Assistant Vice President for its Department of Physical Facilities Management. Howard University is one of the nations leading research universities and is dedicated to educating students from diverse backgrounds at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional level, with a particular focus on African-American students. Howard is a unique university with a special mission that addresses national and international higher education needs and thus enjoys the richness of its diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
The ideal candidate for Assistant Vice President, Physical Facilities Management is one with significant experience in the planning, management and administration of physical facilities plant and capital construction. The successful candidate will direct the management, development and disposition of Howard Universitys physical plan to achieve a diverse set of objectives: development of physical plant to support the mission; generation of facilities management cost savings (via improved energy efficiencies, etc.) to support capital investment in the physical plans and the mission of the University; modernize the campuses through renovation, expansion or construction of new facilities; and other general goals as presented in Howard Universitys facilities and Real Estate Board Committee Charter. Highly effective communicative and culturally-sensitive candidates with professional facility management experience and the capacity to value and manage the dynamics of an internationally and culturally diverse multi-campus community are sought for this leadership position.
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES OF TOP CANDIDATES
- LEADING AND COLLABORATING towards transformation, development of others, student-focused service delivery, collaborative teamwork, managing conflict, and modeling effective communicative behaviors.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY demonstrating commitment to equity, building of trust, sensitivity toward organizational and social/civic concerns.
- INNOVATION indicative of adaptive creativity, shared problem-solving, and strategic approach to program planning and analysis.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT that models accountability, dependability, objectivity and stress tolerance.
- TASK MANAGEMENT that is focused on data-driven decision-making and results, effective project management, and evidences requisite professional and technical knowledge.
- Bachelors degree in facility/property management, real estate development, business administration, engineering, architecture, construction management or related field is required.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of extensive progressively responsible professional, supervisory and managerial experience in facilities/maintenance. Experience in Washington, DC market is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction economic analysis; project design and development; private and public sector negotiation; internal and external communication; and program management.
- Demonstrated leadership and competency with the ability to manage and administer a large and comprehensive multi-campus organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
Apply at www.howard.edu/careers