FULL-TIME ESL (FOR ENGINEERING PURPOSES) INSTRUCTOR
Chongqing University of Post and Telecommunication
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2014|
|Type||Non tenure track|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunication is accepting applications for an ESL/EFL professional with experience in teaching content terminology (engineering) to become part of their full-time English team for the 2014-2015 Academic Year. The position is a full-time, 9 month, non-tenure-track, renewable position, to begin August 2014. To learn more about Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, please visit http://www.cqupt.edu.cn/english/. This position will exist within the context of a dual degree program in Electrical Engineering between CQUPT and Northern Arizona University.
Duties & Responsibilities
In addition to teaching 4 courses per semester, this position includes offering office hours, and course assignments with a focus on familiarizing students with content language needed for an engineering degree. Instructor duties include teaching courses assigned, preparation, maintaining academic records such as syllabi, attendance, grading, and conducting course evaluations. In addition, instructors are expected to hold regular office hours, attend program meetings and assist with orientation and testing duties.
Additional summary of responsibilities include:
- Teach and prepare courses as assigned in fall and spring semesters.
- Schedule 4 office hours per week to be held on-site during business hours to handle inquiries from students, instructors, and administrators
- Actively support the mission, core values, and teaching philosophies of the English program
- Uphold policies and procedures and provide information as needed for any reporting requirements
- Follow the faculty rules and regulations
- Maintain communication by checking and responding to emails on a regular basis and responding to information requests in a timely manner
- Demonstrate on-going professional development according to annual performance evaluation criteria
- Set annual goals for instructional and professional development as part of the self-assessment process of the annual performance evaluation
- Be on-call as needed to start teaching at the start of the semester
Candidates should hold a Ph.D. or M.A. in TESOL/TEFL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field from an accredited institution. One (1) year ESL/EFL teaching experience with multilingual learners in higher education, as well as administrative experience working independently and in collaboration with campus partners. A background in engineering and science technology (B.S./B.A. in engineering or other related fields and/or work experience in the engineering field) is required. Candidates must have certified experience teaching, preferably outside the United States.
Salary commensurate with experience
Medical and dental benefits; one (1) roundtrip flight between the USA and host school location, and housing accommodation are included as part of the benefits for this position.
Please submit your Letter of Interest, curriculum vita, and the names and contact information for three professional references as ONE document (.doc, docx, or PDF) to:
Mr. Daniel Palm
Director of China Initiatives
Northern Arizona University
Center for International Education
PO Box 5598
Flagstaff, AZ 86011
Review of applications to begin as soon as possible.
How To Apply
It’s easy, fast, and FREE to manage your job search on Vitae.
- Organize all the documents needed to apply for this position in Vitae’s FREE dossier service
- Request letters of recommendation, provide references, and submit applications directly from Vitae
- Manage your job search, whether as a teaching assistant, a tenure-track professor, or a top administrator
To apply without using Vitae
Send all required documents to email@example.com
Already have a Vitae account?
Sign in below to start a new application for this job.