VP for Organizational Effectiveness & Human Resource Management
Howard University in District of Columbia
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Date Posted||May 2, 2014|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
Howard University seeks a Vice President for Organizational Effectiveness and Human Resource Management. Howard University is one of the nations leading research universities and is dedicated to educating students from diverse backgrounds at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional level, with a particular focus on African-American students. Howard is a unique university with a special mission that addresses national and international higher education needs and thus enjoys the richness of its diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
The ideal candidate for this Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer position is one with significant experience in providing strategic leadership in the planning and implementation of quality-based, mission-focused human resources programs for Howard University and Howard University Hospital. The successful candidate will be capable of planning, directing and managing the integration of Howards main human resources and organizational development functional areas: Compensation, Performance Management, Recruitment/Employment, Benefits and Pension Administration, EEO, Diversity and Inclusion, Employee Relations and Organizational & Workforce Development. Highly effective communicative and culturally-sensitive candidates with transformational organizational leadership and the capacity to value and manage the dynamics of an internationally and culturally diverse campus community are sought for this leadership position.
LEADERSHIP QUALITIES OF TOP CANDIDATES
- LEADING AND COLLABORATING towards transformation, development of others, student-focused service delivery, collaborative teamwork, managing conflict, and modeling effective communicative behaviors.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY demonstrating commitment to equity, building of trust, sensitivity toward organizational and social/civic concerns.
- INNOVATION indicative of adaptive creativity, shared problem-solving, and strategic approach to program planning and analysis.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT that models accountability, dependability, objectivity and stress tolerance.
- TASK MANAGEMENT that is focused on data-driven decision-making and results, effective project management, and evidences requisite professional and technical knowledge.
- Masters degree is required, preferably in human resource management or related field.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in human resources including ten (10) years in a leadership capacity. Considerable knowledge in an academic and healthcare environment is highly preferred.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification or other comparable professional certification is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management and the administration of integrated talent acquisition, employment, retention, compensation, benefits, employee relations, EEO and diversity, HRIS, learning, and organizational development programs.
- Demonstrated record of leadership in human resources in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
Apply at www.howard.edu/careers