Business Development Manager (Sales)
|Deadline||June 25, 2014|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2014|
Under administrative direction, develops, directs, markets, manages and leads business development strategies and initiatives designed to establish and build relationships/business networks through increasing knowledge/awareness of the University of Utah Alumni Association and Continuum magazine.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN05705B
1. Plans, develops and implements business strategy and market positioning for the Alumni Association consistent with established short and long term revenue goals.
2. Markets the Association to current and prospective affinity partners and sponsors through business development and cultivation efforts by promoting the value/impact of the Association membership to the partners customer base.
3. Develops advertising plans and strategies to support publication of Continuum magazine; establishes ad rates, marketing materials, and strategy for campus and off-campus customers, sells ads, bills clients, collects receivables, prospects for new advertisers and works with Continuum editor on ads, placement and magazine layout to ensure achievement of established revenue goals. Will also strategize and market advertising in Alumni Connection and Association web sites.
4. Markets and sells advertising to business partners; solicits financial and in-kind contributions and/or sponsorships in support of association activities and events.
5. Develops and nurtures partnerships with on-campus development/alumni groups.
6. Develop and monitor budget, revenue and cost analysis; tracks performance against expenses to ensure financial viability and sponsorship of each program.
7. Establishes innovative revenue initiatives targeting specific business partnership groups; sets payment plans based on program needs and/or partner desires.
8. Monitors web site metrics; prepares collateral materials designed to sell and/or market web advertising.
9. Plans, develops and implements strategies and initiatives for cultivating and developing new business partnerships.
10. Initiates contacts and meetings with prospective business partners; creates supporting materials designed to promote benefits of Association support.
A guaranteed draw against commissions for the first six months, beginning with $3,500 and declining to $1,500 in the sixth month. Thereafter, compensation is based strictly on commission. The position will receive all applicable University benefits.
This is an annual, at will contract position with six month probation. Renewal of the contract will be subject to sales and sponsorship goals being met.
Bachelors degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalency; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience which includes fundraising, grant and publication writing, planning and implementing special events and programs and a successful track record in raising donations is preferred.
Incumbents need knowledge of the principles and methods of business development, relationship cultivation and networking; principles, practices, methods and techniques of marketing, advertising and sales. Challenges encountered in this position involve problem solving and decision-making; ability to work effectively in an environment subject to strict deadlines, multiple priorities and tight budgetary requirements.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/31536
FOR QUESTIONS ON THIS POSTING, CONTACT GREG HUGHES, 801-581-6033, Gregory.email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
You can apply for this position online at http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/31536